Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mr. Mike,

JMike was off of school today and called and asked if we had any work for him. I had him come over and we spent a couple of hours cutting trees/brush on the treeline I've been working on.

It sure is wonderful that you help JMike get good work habits. Regarding the treeline, some before and after pictures would be nice!

Senile Texas Aggie

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
This post is to show @Senile_Texas_Aggie that he indeed is not the only one that can mess up. I was going out to water the cows this afternoon and the main gate that I have been going through for months gives me access to 5 paddocks so it is used a couple of times a day and is another of those things that I have done so many times that there is no thought involved.

The routine is to drive up to the gate, open the gate, do one other thing then drive through the gate. Today I drove up to the gate, did one other thing (I was curious about how much voltage would show on the voltmeter so I checked that), then I drove through the gate. The problem I encountered is that the routine is normally open the gate, then do one other thing (which is to remove the high hot and ground wires over the gate) then drive through the gate. It didn't take long to go back to the shop, get a couple of tools and a spool of wire to replace the wires I broke when I drove through them. :)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sassy is really going to miss the pup when he goes to his new home as they play all of the time. Lance could care less as he ignores him most of the time. Sassy like to play fight when it's her choice but she gets bitchy with him because he will mouth her when he wants something to chew on. Speaking of chewing, I haven't lost anymore shoes in over three weeks so hopefully he is through with that stage.

I took some pictures this morning but they were moving so fast that they are a bit blurry.

Play1.JPG
Play2.JPG
Play3.JPG
Play4.JPG

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are those trained herding dogs? I am considering getting one. Not a Border Collie since I don't have enough work for one, but an Aussie. I have to figure out how o get one that my Anatolians won't assassinate. If I get a puppy it will not be trained, if I get an older dog then the Anatolians may see it as a threat. Gotta think on this . . . .

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are those trained herding dogs? I am considering getting one. Not a Border Collie since I don't have enough work for one, but an Aussie. I have to figure out how o get one that my Anatolians won't assassinate. If I get a puppy it will not be trained, if I get an older dog then the Anatolians may see it as a threat. Gotta think on this . . . .

They are both trained but I only use the Border Collie. We got the Aussie first based on what I read but the authors obviously did not have a Border Collie. We literally know dozens of people that have both and they prefer the BC. I love the Aussie and she will be with us for all her days but if I had gotten the Border Collie first, she would not be with us. They both do well as pets but you can't work any of them when the LGDs are loose. I did at first with Maisy but it became confrontational as time went on but the two types don't mix at our place. The Aussie in general is more people smart though.

Latest posts