Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
:pop:pop:caf:th.....okay....I've waited patiently....so, I will ask....🤣....have ya found a truck yet?....what about the coon?....any bad storms come thru?......have seen some fairly intense colors south of ya and DD#3 down Gadsden way has said they have been getting quite a bit of rain.....:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We actually had a nice enough day I was able to cut grass for a about three hours. We haven't found the right truck yet or at least we didn't act fast enough on the couple of right priced deals that we did find. What is funny is that we are finding the prices better on 2019's than on those a bit older. We need a 4WD so there aren't quite as many of them as 2WD.

Rain just started here a few minutes ago and we should have off and on storms for most of the night.

We have seen the racoon on camera each night but he wasn't tempted by the bait we had. I went and got a couple of Honey Buns to put in both of the traps. Our neighbor said that works for him every time.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I ordered a Battery Tender (trickle charge) to put on our Polaris to help keep the battery charged. The charging system leaves a lot to be desired for a vehicle that doesn't get a lot of run time. I leave it running when I'm out doing chores but it isn't enough to keep it charged. I figured spending the few dollars that the Tender cost would keep me from having to crawl under the Ranger to hook up a battery charger. The Tender is hooked up permanently and sits in the cab so all I have to do is run an extension cord.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have caught several possums out there when we start finding broken eggs and dead chickens with a hole in their neck. No critter that doesn't belong to us is safe out there. :)

By the way, we took a closer look at some of the video from the camera. It's a low-light camera but video at night is still not real clear. The raccoon must have gotten in there shortly after the possums and you could see him scratching at the trap trying to get to the Honey Bun.

Latest posts