babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
3 of my dogs eat where there are no goats to take the food and the other one gives them a piece of his mind if they get close. The goats have learned to leave the dish alone, even if he leaves it.

I will start working on the waiting today. Wish me luck, this girl knows "sit" and that is the end of her formal training.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
We made a jump through for the girls. They're smart enough and big enough to jump in and out to eat.

Hole at one end in pasture, food at other where we pour it out.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ben snuggles a cat while balancing a tiny chicken on his nose...he's growing in his talents. :D
100_5388.jpg

He's seriously NOT amused....he was told to get OFF my lap and go lie down! Note the look of injured feelings...he is so good at turning on that face. :rolleyes:

100_5389.jpg

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay, I'm always giving that face a big hug...could be why he's so needy. I really need to work on that whole getting up in your face every time someone sits down. He just has to be right up on you...he'd get right in my lap if I let him. :rolleyes:

We've had beautiful warm weather....spring has sprung early this year, it seems. Me and the grandgirl was out moving wood chips to muddy areas of animal high traffic zones on the place. Both dogs have to be right there in the middle of things most of the time but eventually they will go lie down and wait.

I think Ben has reached his adult size this winter...he's filled out, gotten faster and more muscular, and has leveled off in his eating. He's still a quiet dog, which is a blessing to use here...we so love our silent nights. We'll see how it goes when the animals really start moving more as spring approaches.

I still need to work with him on things like "go lay down" or "stay"...I keep thinking I'll have time to do it in this season or the next, etc., but then months go by and I've not worked with him at all. Just breeze right past him as I do chores and such.

100_5421.jpg
100_5410.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aww....Bee, your dogs, chickens and cats all look so happy and peaceful. Ben is surveying his kingdom. LOL

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
They all seem very content here, that's for sure. It's a wonderful thing to see them wondering around on the green grass....or lying down sleeping on it. :gig

Ben is getting too fluffy, need to put him on a diet. The chubby cat in the pic is just pregnant, so her "fluff" will soon be less. :D

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't know that I've ever had another dog that does this, but for some reason Ben wants to lie down immediately on anything we are currently working on or using. Mom was getting ready to cut this piece of lattice for a project but as soon as she laid it down to go get tools, Ben claimed it and wouldn't move for her...I had to call him off it. :rolleyes:

100_5564.jpg

He does this with plastic, tarps, cardboard, blankets...anything that we are working with of that nature, he will quickly get on it and doesn't want to get up. I'll be dragging a tarp behind me and he will try to step on it and stand on it so I can't move it. o_O

100_5126.jpg

100_5087.jpg

Anybody else noticed this in their LGD breeds?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
He's just tryin to help! Holding it down, dontcha know? ;)

I haven't had one of mine do this - but Cowboy has a new trick. He tries to push everyone around with his butt, lol. He will literally lean on you so hard with his rear end that if you move - he'll almost fall over!

These silly dogs! They are unlike anything else. Gotta love 'em!

Latest posts