This is odd....

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
No. Not yet. I do have several cameras pointed at and a hidden one in the coop itself. If whoever moved that egg before shows back up, I should get them. So far, the egg is still on the floor where it was before and hasn't been moved.

Rammy

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just spent two hours putting 2 x 4 inch wire across the windows in my barn. When I went out tonight to feed the chickens and cows, when I went into the barn, inside the chain link dog kennel where Im keeping baby chicks, I found a piece of green outdoor carpeting I had cut for the nest boxes inside the dog kennel.
I have no idea how it got there. The kennel is up against the wall where the window is. Im wondering if someone got in that way. I have a game camera out there but the IR hasnt been working well. I put another out there tonight that has worked well in the past.
I dont remember that piece of carpeting being in the window so Im not sure where it came from. Possibly a critter so Im not sure. I have a chicken tractor sitting on the other side that looks like it was moved but the cows could have done that by rubbing on it.
Just alot of weird things going on around here. Think I will start taking pictures so I can reference if I start questioning my sanity.

Rammy

Last edited:

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah....when I walked in the barn, which is kept locked at all times, and saw that piece of indoor outdoor carpet inside the dog kennel, I immediately got the wire and put it over the windows. Get in now ya bleeping bleep!
Im gonna have to get a new game camera. My moultrie's IR isnt working anymore. Put the Bushnell out there tonight with fresh batteries.
And, yes, Im a little nervous right now.

Rammy

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hoping you have some protection (loaded!)

This is all making me very nervous for you. Your dog was poisoned. Cat was shot. Things are moved and rearrranged. Cattle let out. It’s ridiculous. Not okay on any count and worries me for your safety. Please be careful!!!!

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I only have a .22 rifle and a single shot 410. I mean I kniw you get forgetful when you get older, but I know that piece of carpet wasnt there yesterday. It wasnt in the window the kennel is in front of. I dont know where it came from. All I can say is if its human intervention, they are taking great pains to put everything thats on the shelves of the windows back where they were.
I looked for drag marks to see if the kennel was moved but didnt see anything. The window is just 1 x 1 inch boards with that clear wavy hard plastic stuff over it. Part iof its missing on one end si its easy to reach in and pop the latch. Im hoping with the wire up it might deter any further trespassing. If I have to, I will borrow my Moms 20 gauge and sit out there and go hunting.....wink.....

Rammy