Thistleblooms Rambles

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
the maple whips I planted along the driveway 15 years ago are now Very Large Trees.

Maple trees in Idaho? Boy, my ignorance of biogeography is really showing, as I somehow got the impression that any deciduous trees west of the plains were trees like cottonwoods and aspens.

I agree with everyone else -- your place looks great!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
The building projects have consumed a lot of time usually spent on other maintenance, and created a new set of chores in moving things around, dismantling, organizing, etc. My husband still has a huge deck of firewood logs to process, plus two additional stacks of trees that were removed for the buildings. The weeds have been going wild while we have been distracted and the garden and flowerbeds are sad. Good thing the days are long!
Too bad we have to leave for work and can't concentrate on all the chaos here. But it's all good and we'll just inch the list down as we can.
Next year I'm looking forward to more organization, more regular maintenance time and a tidier property.

Was the gravel for the hay shed and garage properly screeded?? ;)

Haha! Yes indeed. The guys who put the buildings up were very appreciative of the level surface, and also that they had plenty of room to work around the perimeter because we had close trees removed.
I guess dh was right, and I was wrong in thinking he was going to unnecessary lengths to make good bases.

I led Syringa into the empty hay shed when it was finished to check it out and she left HOOFPRINTS 😱 !
I mentioned it to dh that she had been in there and he said he noticed. He raked the hoofprints out, hahahaha! At least she didn't leave a pile in there!
Now he knows how I feel when I get the floors cleaned and he walks in with muddy shoes. 😄

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @Thislebloom,

Have you ever considered starting a project list the way that the folks at the YouTube channel "Our Wyoming Life" does? You could even post the list here on the forum, then as you get items completed, you could mark them off of the list. Better still, why don't you make YouTube videos of your own and post them in your own YouTube channel. I for one would be sure to watch them!

Senile Texas Aggie

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Better still, why don't you make YouTube videos of your own and post them in your own YouTube channel. I for one would be sure to watch them!

Senile Texas Aggie

That's so kind! I would certainly need to get better at videoing before that could happen. Just an example - Saturday evening I trailered Syringa over to the park to use the big arena. I took her halter off and turned her loose. She was having a great time galloping and bucking around, and she looked so beautiful I videoed it. I made about 4 short ones as she circled around me.

When I got home I reviewed them and got a lot of dizzy footage of my boots trudging through the sand, and a fleeting glimpse of horse now and then.
I'm pretty sure that's not what you were suggesting, haha.