Thistleblooms Rambles

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finding good pallets is getting harder than it used to be, and trust me that there is a ridiculous amount of variation in height, depth, width, slat spacing and materials they are built from. I did score a few oak, or some kind of hardwood with really nice slat space and the wood spacer dealies that separate the top from the bottom slats is real wood, not particle board stuff. Those I'm going to cover with plywood and make a training bridge obstacle for Syringa. Even though she crosses real bridges with no problem. :p

I would love to be able to ride with you too Shannon! We had a great ride today with my friend Leslie. She rides a nearly 17 hand OTTB (off the track thoroughbred) and I'm on my dinkydink maybe 14.2 mustang. Mutt and Jeff.
We even cantered and Syringa did well, nothing dramatic or exciting there. Whew! Only our third canter ever. I'm so proud of my little sweet potato. Great attitude and so willing.:love

I got nothing done that I had planned, except a bit of weed spray in the gravel areas that are terrible to weed whip. Well, I did wash a lot of bedding and throw rugs. And I rode, so at least I've got my priorities in order.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I actually liked the idea of having Luke in my garden. Wasn't sure who I could admit that to. I miss him and it will be a pleasant place to think about him.
We have dogs and favorite chickens and cats buried in different places on the property. Most of them are out in the woods. Jetta, my 10 year old Australorp hen died in her sleep a week ago. I buried her under an apple tree out front.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hens don't usually attain old age around here, at a certain point, they are slaughtered and new chicks move in. But I had a special hen, a black sex link named Robin. She lived to age 7, even made the move from Livingston to here and ruled the roost. She is buried right inside the garden gate, to the right. Yeah, i like it that my two special gals are hanging out in the garden with me. See? You aren't so weird after all. Hmmmmm......... Or maybe you are-and I am too! :lol:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's not crazy. I also have pets buried in my yard and around my property. :hugs
We had our old Pug cremated and kept her ashes. When our little chihuahua had to be put down we put the box of ashes into the dog bed with Tinker so she wasn't alone. Then when Mutsy was put down we buried her beside them. My Son built a really cute little cemetery in our backyard area. The three amigos are together again. ❤️
I also have a Duck, chickens and a Guinea pig buried out in the trees.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
My laptop crashed so I will be scarce until I get it repaired or replaced.
I have discovered just how dependent I have become on it. Banking, emails, forums, general info... aaargh. The good news is more projects will get whipped out, lol.
This phone typing and reading is not so enjoyable.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My laptop crashed so I will be scarce until I get it repaired or replaced.
I have discovered just how dependent I have become on it. Banking, emails, forums, general info... aaargh. The good news is more projects will get whipped out, lol.
This phone typing and reading is not so enjoyable.
My laptop died two years ago so I now use an iPad. I hate using my phone too. Enjoy your time away getting all your stuff done..👍🤠

Latest posts