Tribute to Latestarter

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I can’t even begin to express how highly I thought of Mr. @Latestarter . He was so full of wisdom, knew something useful about nearly any and every subject. He never minced words, he was bluntly and brutally honest with the words, thought, opinions, observations, and advice. He once told me he lacked tact at times. There are some people in this world who don’t need tact because their words are so pure, honest, and meant in good intent. Joe aka Latestarter was one such person. One of my first threads I started his words rubbed me the wrong way and I had no bones about expressing that as well. I felt so very badly about taking his words the wrong way that I publicly apologized to him. There was never any issues between us after that. He continued to share his vast knowledge, kindness, and generosity of wisdom and friendship toward me. He was one person that I looked for with their wisdom and kindness. He makes the top 10 list of astonishing people who touched my life. I am so greatly saddened by the news of passing. He could have lived a hundred more years and not even come close to running out of knowledge to share and generosity to extend. I will grately miss him. His absence is going to leave a huge hole in this universe. May his passing fill an empty void in the after world. Mr. Latestarter, may you feel no pain or illness and your heart feel much joy by joining the loved ones you had lost and have been missing. I just want to tell you one more time how much of an impact you have made on my life despite only knowing you online only for just a few short months. You were a very big and bright star that shined on many. You will be greatly missed by many people. Rest In Peace. Relax your feet and body. Your work here is done and done beautifully.

Last edited:

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I know that there is not much consolation in the loss of a friend. But to those that knew him, you just have to be glad for this forum because without it you may have never had the chance to meet the person that became such a good friend. You may not have had to suffer such a loss but you are better in the end for knowing such a friend because you have those memories and your world is brighter because of knowing him. My heart goes out to you all. I always hate hearing about anyone passing away but it is always worse when someone leaves behind animals that they care dearly for. I wonder what will happen to them now. My animals are mine not my family's, they do not care for them in the same way as I do.

Amelie the Bee Keeper

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
@Baymule I love the idea of using this emoji [
rainbowflower.gif
] for @Latestarter (Joe for some).

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
In answer to your question, @MiniSilkys, I spent some time with Joe’s family, today, and they will not be able to keep the goats or Mel. The son may take little Elf.

Tomorrow, I will start working on a plan for selling the goats. I don’t have a clue on how to go about that, except that I am told there are some goat groups that may be able to help with that. I will also try posting the herd on our East Texas Craigs List. Of course, BYH members are welcome to make an offer.

Regarding Mel: The two options provided for, when Joe bought Mel, will not work now, so the family will be considering offers from BYH members. However I’m sure there will be a strict screening process for that to happen. If anyone is interested, they can PM me, and I will help you connect with family members.

Alibo

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Such a terrible loss to the BYH family, my condolences to all his family and my sincere wishes that his beloved animals end up with someone who loves them as much as he did. I often wonder what would happen to my own if a tragedy happened to me, puts things in perspective, everyone should have a plan for the four legged family. Hard to think about but it is comforting to know he has a few close BYHerders looking out for their future now. Thank you for looking out and letting us know

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just went back to find where I welcomed Joe to BYH, and here it is!

Dec. 31, 2014
Devonviolet CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are our 10,000 member!!!
Welcome to Backyard Herds!

Latestarter Wow, really? I'm the 10,000 member? Well, I'll be on my way to pick up some lottery tickets! ;-)