Turkeys anyone?

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
We will totally be building a hoop coop in the spring. For now they have a regular coop and little run. We want it to be portable so we can move them to fresh grass in the summer months.

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You sound like a REALLY GREAT KID being that understanding of your mom's schedule and all. Glad to know that she is supportive of your farming interests. My hat's off to her!!!!!!!! Hope you can get the poultry press newspaper, maybe it could be part of your " christmas" or birthday wish list????
XD thanks. I try. Both with my mom and other people.

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well as always Nature knows best. Thanks for replying to my question.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
My husband had a chicken raise a bunch of ducklings on his farm when he was a kid. All was great until they walked near the pond, and the ducklings went in for a swim. He said the mama hen stood on shore and screamed! He thought she was going to have a heart attack!

Sorry, lol, off topic.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My husband had a chicken raise a bunch of ducklings on his farm when he was a kid. All was great until they walked near the pond, and the ducklings went in for a swim. He said the mama hen stood on shore and screamed! He thought she was going to have a heart attack!

Sorry, lol, off topic.
Had a hen hatch out some pheasants and they could not communicate and the hen went nuts trying to get them to follow her and stuff. Have heard about hens raising ducklings and them having a conniption fit when they went for a swim...Kinda funny but you have to feel sorry for the hens:idunno

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sounds about like any mom who's "kids" decided to take a dip in the old swimming hole after being told not to... been there/done that... :hide

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
@NH homesteader I don't know if you know this or not, but Toms can be dangerously aggressive! They can really do a lot of damage and can jump higher then one would expect. I know you are smart with keeping your daughter protected, be sure to watch these turkeys like a hawk! In a split second someone could loose an eye. Just thought I'd give you the heads up! :)