What prompted you to join our community?

brianbeth84

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I joined because I like the practical answers. I've had horses for 40 years but sheep & goats for only 2. I can look at a horse and get a sense if they are "off" or "something is up" but not my livestock. I like the practical how to answers rather than pay the vet every time.

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I see new members in the forum everyday. Some state why they joined and others just jump right in. I'm curious, why did you quit lurking and join?

You may select more than one answer.
I chose to join because I have been farming for 40 years and I am only 45 years old. Our farm was once a registered Angus farm and then a registered Simmental farm in my teens and I raised pure Simmental steers when I was in middle school and high school to pay for my college. Once I finished up college, we were raising Angus/ Santa Gertrudis cattle and then my grandfather suddenly died. None of us could bear to farm again so we sold the cattle and the farm grew up for 3 years. I bought some goats just to clear some of the fence rows and a month later one of the goats had a set of twins and from that point on, my love of farming was re-ignited...fast forward 19 years, and our farm has been transformed into a successful Spanish Goat seed stock/ conservation farm. So with my agriculture background and education and experience, I wanted to share with others what I know and my experiences to help others starting down this path. I have learned a lot from this site and want to pay it forward.

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
After learning that BYC had sister sites, I was more than happy to join BYH immediately because we had rabbits and later goats. I needed a place to be able to learn more about these critters, and ask when we needed a bit of help. I am very glad to have joined here- there are so many folks that know their animals and really help eachother out in great detail. Thanks for being you BYH members!

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
I started with BYC (lots of chickens, then and now), and noticed that there was also BYH. Didn't join BYH for a few years, then thought....well. I've learnt such a lot from BYC, why haven't I ? I always found that discussions from different States, countries, climates, cultures and perspectives added such a lot to my knowledge. Adding my Welsh, vegetarian, and sometimes bonkers views seemed just like it might add yet another dimension to the mix. I love the site and the insight I am gaining.

Georgia Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I like BYC, so when I came across BYH I was really happy.. I also find it is much easier to post on this forum.

Last edited:

Latest posts