Wolfemomma - Our Homestead Journey

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
LOL Love the first pic -- serene and forgiving. Second, well a lot of work there to clear that deck! Too early for snow here. Your pics are enough for me!!!

Enjoy. :lol:
The deck is the worst! we have to keep the corners cleared off, because who ever built it is an Id&$*% and put no supports on the outside corners. It gets to heavy for it.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Im already tired. Chores took me over an hour this morning. It wasn't fun dragging a full wheelbarrow through the deep snow while a ram is running and dancing and chasing the dog around you while your trying to not tip it. The snow is really annoying to work in. I love it, but when it comes to farming its a total hassle. Property taxes went up immensely around here, me and hubby have been rolling around the idea of moving one day. To somewhere with more land and larger out buildings then what we have now. But is it worth the hassle....Im not sure, Maybe for the right place. We like the west, we lived in montana for 3 years and while its beautiful its just to expensive for our us. We both like TN but ....I dont think I can handle that heat....Might drive me crazy. @Mike CHS please tell me TN isn't that hot and that you have low property taxes :fl I have only experienced the heat there in May. Maybe I need to go in the middle of the summer to get the full experience:lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can acclimate to the heat. The first year would be hard, but after that, it's not so bad. Besides, that is what air conditioners are for. I don't think I could ever acclimate to the hard winters you have. I like our winters much better!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went from the harsh New Hhampshire winters to south Florida heat in 1998... the first year is hard, but it gets easier after that. I could never move back to the cold......I feel for you doing chores in the snow and cold, it's much easier in the heat.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had a little over a month in the low to mid 90's this year and we never got a single day in the triple digits. Our place is 1500' in elevation and we have a nice breeze most of the year so it's pretty pleasant. We actually do have a spring and fall which is a pleasant change after living in the low country of South Carolina for so long. Charleston was built in swampy lands and gets HOT and HUMID for 6 months a year.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do the same as PA. As soon as we get enough snow for the sled to slide I switch. I used to use a regular kids plastic toboggan style sled, but last year I invested in an Otter sled, they are heavy duty and built for towing behind snow machines.
I can move a lot of wet manure in it.

Latest posts