Xerocles rabbit thread

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, well. It's been a whole month since I came here. Winter kinda got me. I've been in a holding pattern. Lets catch up.
Cruella is cuddles now. Not quite "please pick me up and pet me" cuddles, but so far from the attack rabbit she was when I got her that she deserved a new name.
Honey Bunny is pregs again. Hopefully she'll get it right this time and no more squished babies.
I have two new additions. Drove to NC and picked them up today. Champagne d'Argents. My dream rabbits. He is 10 weeks and she is 8 weeks. So, they'll be pets, spoiled and pampered for about 4 months until they get breeding age.
His mama is a grand champion. And her daddy is a grand champion. They're prouder of their ancestry than I am of mine.
For those who don't know Champagnes, they are born black and shed to a beautiful silver. These guys are in transition.
20200218_185828.jpg
20200218_192111.jpg

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I see the trip went well! They are sooo cute!! Congrats!! Any names yet? So they will be totally silver? I didn’t know you had ‘dream’ rabbits....is the 8year old little girl coming out of you? :lol:

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I see the trip went well! They are sooo cute!! Congrats!! Any names yet? So they will be totally silver? I didn’t know you had ‘dream’ rabbits....is the 8year old little girl coming out of you? :lol:
Names? The buck is BB (buck B). As, in my official paperwork, the Cali buck is BA. Names (like Salvadore) are nicknames acquired by the individual animals themselves. Not enough time for that yet. Thus the doe is DC.
I often ACT like an 8 yr old (so I am told) and it's "the thing" for us guys to get in touch with our "feminine" side......so yes, I suppose the 8yr old girl IS coming out in me. :D =D But, Champagnes have the traits I want in meat rabbits-terminal weight, grow-out rate, meat to bone ratio, etc., and unlike MOST "purebreds" near me, these have been bred selectively, with strict culling, to have repeatable genetic characteristics. Plus, yes, I do find their color to be more aesthetically pleasing (yes, by adulthood they are totally silver)than most meat rabbit breeds. AND they are somewhat difficult to find. Thus the "dream". Kinda like your mini pigs. Before I found these (2 hours away) the closest I could find (through the ARBA) were in Jersey...a two DAY trip. Lucky for me, this guy "retired" from Jersey (he's been raising this breed since the 1950s) to escape that self- same weather you're enjoying.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I love to see dreams come true, especially when channeling one's inner Disney Princess! :love Any names such as Unicorn and Rainbow coming up?
Unicorn......hmmmmmm. Kinda like that. Hmmmmm. But, the gf brought them in inside yesterday. Took two hours to catch the doe again. I was thinking maybe Houdini. (Or should I reserve that for a future goat?)