Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Angry pygmy goat = ouch.

Bruised foot (1).jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@soarwitheagles We have both the yellow jackets that nest in the ground and the white tailed hornets that make the paper nests. As well as these giant Japanese hornets that make a yellow jacket look like a midget. Top that off with a "borer bee " that looks like a bumble bee that bores a perfectly round hole in wood and will actually attack people or animals that upset it.
I have also run over a nest of yellow jackets in the ground when I was raking hay and couldn't get away fast enough before getting stung 5 times. Luckily I don't have allergic reactions to bees but they say with everytime you get stung it causes your body to become more sensitized to them. The big Japanese hornets can really hurt but they don't tend to target people and the white tailed hornets that make the paper nests are pretty calm unless you get too close to their space too. The borer bees are scary, got one in my hair when it was chasing the cows when they went through the barn door. They are fairly new in this area in the last 10 years or so and are really mean.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most recently my brother is trying to halter brake his yearling bull. I'm training my heifer and steer to ride and pull. Any way he put a chain on the bull as a lead rope I took him home and while unloading he hit the end of the chain in the pen he went from 1 end to the other back into the trailer my hand caught somethin. A real Dr. would have put a few internal stitches then 8-12 outside. I got tired of trying to get the needle through the skin and stopped at 2. DW had to hold the skin down while trying to get the needle back up and through.
I could make a long list on here of similar.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was loping a horse around a single yellow rope barricade/fence. My niece picked up the rope and said come on making a short cut. I turned and kicked up into a hi lope, ducked, horse dropped her head and ran and niece dropped the rope as my mares head cleared. I tried to grab the rope to get it over the saddle horn, got it up to my elbow and got sling shot off backwards landing on my shoulder. Broke ribs, shoulder blade, and sublaxation of the shoulder. The ribs stuck out of my back (not through the skin) when I picked my arm up. Another time a hospital would've been the thing to do.
3-4 years later that shoulder is still dropped and hurts terribly if I don't work it and do certain stretches.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wrecked my bike on a off ramp at 85 mph ran out of pavement after the road rash and flew into the air over the bike landing on my head. Put my shoes back on and rode away.
My back still hurts.
I'm still young but O' the miles. lol

Last edited: