You might be country if ...

KellyHM

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
n.smithurmond said:
When you can't resist sneaking in a quick kiss on the lips of your stinky buck when he comes over for a cuddle even though you know EXACTLY what he's done with said lips.

(Not that I would EVER do that... :hide)
:lol: Me neither. :hide

Dutchgirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
When you're fine with wearing your fave T-shirt out to the chicken coop

When your daughter embarrasses you by talking about chickens mating in front of her five-year-old cousin from the suburbs.

Dutchgirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You have a contaminated container of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) in your bathroom closet with a piece of tape stuck to it bearing the words "Roo Goo". It is used on the combs of your poor roosters so that they do not get frostbitten.
:yuckyuck
(Completely true :p)

KristyHall

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
When a romantic dinner out involves going to a resterant containing the word " Old, Country, Harvest, or Barrel" in the name.

When you know everyone at the feed store by name but non of your children's teacher's names.

When the smell of manure reminds you to turn the compost.

When you plan your trips around planting season.

Your love gives you a post hole digger for valentines day and its just what you wanted.

When careing for animals as a teenager prepared you for parenthood.

When your animals have more stuff than you do.

When you can identify every type of wild plant and mushroom, but can't navigate through a big grocery store.

When you don't know how to use a cross walk and argue with the crossing guard about its effectiveness. (i really did that about 4 years ago.)

When you judge your distance by time traveled rather than miles.

When someone who is giving you directions says " Just past the bent oak tree but before where that old yellow lab likes to lie." and you know where he's talking about

You get excited when you smell large amounts of manure because you know planting season is near

Rain makes you happy

You own more boots than you do any other shoe

You know what trees make the best fence posts, basketry material, and wood for smoking meats, but you can't name the latest american idol winners

You go to the doctor in boots, mud stained jeans, and an old flannel shirt and get accused by your sister of dressing up and looking pretty ( that actually happened too!)

Iwantgoats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You might be country if....

You just don't own any "nice" clothes anymore :rolleyes:

You think going to get your doe bred is a class field trip (biology!)

You consider buying an animal feed vending machine to at least make a little money off of all the kids that come to visit!

You know the difference between a "red neck" and a "hick" ;)

When a "date" with you spouse means going to the feed store and if things get really romantic, Home Depot

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Iwantgoats said:
You might be country if....

When a "date" with you spouse means going to the feed store and if things get really romantic, Home Depot
My husband found this one hilarious because if we DO go out to eat, the Chinese restaurant is right behind TSC and Home Depot is on the way home. We inevitably end up at both after a "romantic dinner"

:gig

samanthaj

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
lots of these seem to pertain to me!
the random peeing
the smells
the poo shoes
the romantic dinners,but we usually end up at walmart cause by the time we do all the chores,get the babysitter and go to town everything else is closed!
so lets see if i have a few of my own!
when your mom comes over and asks if this is real meat,not deer
you cant have easter at your house this year cause last year there was to much poo in your yard and your rooster wouldnt stop chasing the kids!
when your neice says,aunt samantha has real animals,not stuffed ones!
when your idea of a family day trip usually involves driving somewhere to get animals,or stuff from craigs list or freecyle!

Dutchgirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
When all or the majority of your time online is spent on BYC or BYH.

When you can recite at least ten rules for caring for a chicken at each stage of it's life (chick, cockerel, roo) but have no idea who "Simon" from Britain's Got Talent is.

When your favorite part of having a "city slicker" over is showing them the flocks of chickens, turkeys, guineas, quail, ducks, and geese, and the herds of cows, goats, sheep, and horses.

When "getting dressed up for church" means putting on your good jeans, clean sneakers, and nice shirt. (True :rolleyes: )

When you dream of writing a book about raising chickens.

When you are willing to sit and carefully clean the dried dirt off a chicken's feet for ten minutes but cannot put up with shoe-shopping for the same amount of time.