2-3 week old bottle Pygmy kid isn't playing or jumping around

savanna

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I dusted him with diatomeseus earth an hour ago. So I'm going to try that and see how it goes. If it doesn't work I'll try the kitten powder. Right now he loves alfalfa. He's eating some grain but he's stopped eating off the bottle. He's more playful though. I've been giving him some kid paste. He loves me so much. It's adorable when he runs and yells for me. He'll jump up on the couch and squish his head in my arm. He sleeps in his kennel beside the bed. But of course he needs his quilted blanky I made. I'm very surprised because he's already picked up that he pees on the papers. He goes over to them and pees then walks back over to the heater. By the way his name is jack. Little Cracker Jack. He likes it when I chase him. He starts running. Oh boy does he love the head scratches. I just hope he will eat a little more. Oh and no more teeth grinding. I think that hiccup thing he does is him chewing his cud. I didn't know he does that. He's doing great drinking water and going to the bathroom is still normal. He just doesn't want his bottle. Other then that he's opening up way more.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a great dog, umm, I mean goat. :) I have never heard of anyone house training a goat, that is quite interesting.

Hope he continues to improve and get more "goat" like.

savanna

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
He's great at peeing where he should. The first day he peed outside but it went to below freezing so he had to stay inside. So he started peeing on the papers. He'll literally walk from anywhere in the house to his papers to pee. It's a little harder to control where he poops but he try's to keep it near the papers. We took him outside and he kept running to the door lol he's lightning jack now.

savanna

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Python dust?

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Careful on the alfalfa. You might do some calculating to make sure his calcium and phosphorus intake are balanced to prevent urinary blockages and have on hand ammonium chloride in case (I get ours for super cheap at the local farm shop--not tsc).

savanna

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Should I stop giving him alfalfa and give him just plain hay?

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alfalfa is to hot just by its self for goats. I would give him a little bit of alfalfa and plain hay. How old is he? If he wont eat plain hay you give Jack orchard grass or timothy grass hay.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is he still drinking milk?

Latest posts