Today's picture...

5pm
20210306_165533.jpg

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Noooooo

That 4:45 is pm.

But the sunrise is no longer a comfy 9am.

Sunrise is now EIGHT AM!!!! :ep
That's one thing I don't like about working up north in Nov-Jan. Short short days. I left WA in mid Jan this year. I think at Christmas time shortest time of the year there was 1hr & 1/2 to 2hrs more daylight at the house. I've also had to go to N.D. to start at New Year's.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was organizing files, and found a few good horse photos.

The first photo is a great photo to show the size difference. One winter the snow got too deep and shorted out the electric fence, and they got out of the paddock and went gallivanting through the deep snow..... I think because it was snowing when they left, they couldn't find their way back. We had the worst time finding them again. We kept getting reports of a "Mare and foal" running about first in one spot then in a far distant spot. I couldn't figure out why no one GRABBED them. They went in a huge circle , so several miles through the snow. When we finally tracked them down and caught them, they then had to walk all of the way home, but this time on the plowed road. One of us led the two, the other drove the car behind with the hazards flashing. Poor Buzz stumbled once or twice he was so tired... but we took it slow and finally made it. I can't remember what year that was, but it was before we had Riley.

Buzz, (Percheron), and Fleet (Caspian).
march 2009 282.JPG

Fleet looking at us, Buzz in the back. That is not my house in the back.
2010 03 13_0258.JPG

2012, kid #4 leading Buzz, Riley (Quarter horse x Thoroughbred) to the left

DSCN2657.JPG
\