B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tell your sister that if the "squatter " is employed, she should have some rights to garnish his wages.... I know that there are some screwy things about renters having rights to not pay rent... but it seems to me that they have to prove they are unemployed..... And if it is a rent to own, if there is legal paperwork, then the "prospective owners" may be liable for the taxes as it is "their improvement".... all according to how they worded it and if it is on paper. If not, then they may not have much recourse.... I would get an attorney of her own..... people like that ought to get put out on the street and shot. I think that if he is working, she should have some legal recourse.... and if they put that quonset hut up and it is "attached" to the property..... not a temp thing that has no foundation, it does belong to the owner of the property. Here in Va, if you hang a gate on hinges/pins, it automatically becomes a part of the property.... All the gates we have at pastures are wired/tied to the posts, not on pins or hinges.....PITA to open as we have to "drag them open" instead of swinging open... but at $100 or more each... not leaving gates on rented properties....
After our conversation today I think they are at this full speed, my niece is a very laid back young woman but you don't mess with her money...she has the town involved and has a attorney....the guy that's the squatter is a "biker" and is very intimidating to her. She is concerned about him having one of his friends go after her or one of her children, which I can't blame her with two young kids under five....It will be interesting how that mess plays out for sure.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
@B&B Happy goats

Oh no! That sounds like a tough situation! I 2nd the electric fence idea, maybe some razor wire on top!

It's a darn shame that you have to worry about being safe in your own home. So sorry that's where things are right now. We have an alarm system that I wasn't crazy about getting. I'm afraid if that alarm ever sounded off in the middle of the night I'd just die from a heart attack right on the spot, lol.

I like your idea to meet the mailman and get the mail delivered straight into your hand.
We must be thinking alike...I was looking at razor ribbon wire on amazon this afternoon. ! We will add the two strands of wire very soon, we have most of the needed insulators but need more wire.
I really hope this is just something that is happening around here, and isn't a glimpse of what everyone will be dealing with ...it sure changes the feeling of being safe at home 🥵

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am afraid that if things continue as they are, it is a sign of the times..... I posted in my journal that it looks like I will be getting the fruit trees moved in a couple of weeks.... as soon as I get here so am not paying rent too, a fence is going to be a spring priority I think.... it scares me what can happen......

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am afraid that if things continue as they are, it is a sign of the times..... I posted in my journal that it looks like I will be getting the fruit trees moved in a couple of weeks.... as soon as I get here so am not paying rent too, a fence is going to be a spring priority I think.... it scares me what can happen......
Fences are a wonderful thing Jan...get everything fenced in if you can :highfive:...... :love
I sure hope you get into your home soon, you certainly deserve to get to the point that you can sit in your living room any look around and say "I am finally moved in " :love

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It'll happen, and with the positive feelings now about being able to get the fruit trees moved.... I am not stressing about it. I will get here as soon as I can, that is workable.... Not going to try to kill myself in the next 2 weeks.... But, yeah, fencing is going to be high on the list next year.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
You may have said but do you have a security system?

I really hate it that you have to go through all of this for a bunch of morons.
Not really, we bought that voice thingy thing that you talk to and it will do video if the alarm is set, but we are not able to connect the panic button to go directly to the 911 or whatever it is supposed to alert....but one of us is always home, we don't go anywhere these days, prefer to just do our thing at home and not deal with masks and people...
So between keeping the gates locked, security lights, a big street light on a pole out front, fake security cameras, no trespassing signs, four dogs....guess we got to beef things up some more lol...your right MORONS

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a Post Office Box too. Our driveway is 100 yards long and I don't trust people to not go through the mailbox. We get mail here, but bills and important things go to the PO Box.

it sounds like things are getting bad around there. I say a big YES on hot wire top and bottom. Your dogs are cute and could be stolen. Eyeballing your pigs? Aw HELL NO! Keep a close eye on them!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, porkers are not the easiest thing to steal....as anyone can tell you. Like Bay, mine loaded with a treat. BUT you have to have a trailer set at the gate/opening. Not a fast thing. You sure can't grab them like chickens and I'd love to watch them chase one 😁

Sure unsettling to see them being looked at!

I agree hot wire ... That's an unpleasant "find" as we know. Some solar motion lights may help deter? I hate the country is seeing so much of this. But the stresses out there can tempt even those who would not normally act out -- those already criminally inclined just use the situation at hand.