bethh Life on the Funny Farm

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Don't disappear on us now, BYH was a great source of entertainment while I was recovering from eye surgery...you know we want to know you are ok.... and you do have friends here :love:hugs
I'm thinking I'll be doing more sitting for awhile and less chasing so I hope to be on here more. I love the people I've met here.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, I don’t know if my hubby slipped the doctor some money or what, but he put me in a walking boot and told me I could start using it as I felt like it. Just kidding, he said it was more of a bad sprain than actual fracture. He said the tendon broke off a piece of the bone but it was small and not a big deal. Easy for him to say, not his ankle. I will start slowly by resting some weight on it and see how it feels. I still won’t do the steps or animals for a little while. Don’t want to chance falling again.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I don’t know if my hubby slipped the doctor some money or what, but he put me in a walking boot and told me I could start using it as I felt like it. Just kidding, he said it was more of a bad sprain than actual fracture. He said the tendon broke off a piece of the bone but it was small and not a big deal. Easy for him to say, not his ankle. I will start slowly by resting some weight on it and see how it feels. I still won’t do the steps or animals for a little while. Don’t want to chance falling again.
That's good news, glad it's not a complicated break or anything that would require surgery :thumbsup :love :highfive: :hugs

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

Still in the walking boot, I feel like I'm dragging around a bowling ball. But, at least, I'm up and moving. I'm still not doing much in the way of chores with the animals. I miss them but the yard is so muddy that it's too chancy that I could slip. The 3 year old convinced me yesterday to see the animals and I got chastised when hubby got home. Guess, I'll try and avoid that again.

The Silkie coop has a broody on six eggs and will be hatching soon. I also have 30? silkie eggs in the incubator that hatch 2/18. I hope I have a better success rate than I did with the last eggs hatched. I bought local eggs, a variety of breeds and had a terrible rate. 8 out of 23 not fertile, 10 late quitters and 2 that died shortly after hatch. I struggled with the humidity I'm assuming due to the cold temps we were having.

I'll post some pics of the 3 year old outside yesterday with the animals from my phone. I have a terrible time getting the pics to transfer to the computer :barnie

My mother in law has been here since Thanksgiving and due to back issues will be moving in permanently with us. She and I will fly to her home in Venice, FL, pack her up, give away stuff and fly back. All of this to take place 2/16-2/26. It's been an adjustment for us as well as her. Hoping she gets some resolution with her back pain and can begin living again. As much as she complained about her FL home last year due to COVID, I know she misses the climate, independence and friends that she made. I try and remind her hopefully this isn't permanent and what and see how she's fairing in 6 months and reevaluate.

How's everyone? Lots of hugs and love com ing your way! Kidding starts mid March. What a rollercoaster ride the next few months will be. Who am I kidding, what a rollercoaster ride its been since last March, lol.

Last thing, I had been homeschooling our 2nd grade grandson August-December with a program our daughter signed him up for. I also helped him digitally last year March-May. The decision was made for him to go back to in-school after the Christmas break. Of course, the school system delayed that and they went back digitally, UGH! He's been back in the classroom about 2 weeks. Our daughter spoke with his teacher and she said that were Sean is currently she hopes all the kids are there at the end of the year! :celebrate I'm so thankful. I was worried if I was giving him all he needed. I miss not having him everyday but summer will be here before I know it and the chaos will ensue.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I posted pics earlier but I'm not sure what happened
I'm thinking I'll be doing more sitting for awhile and less chasing so I hope to be on here more. I love the people I've met here.
Seeing as I've been hardly on here, the brake didn't slow me down or allow me to slow down. I hope everyone has been doing well. Kidding season started 2 days early. I hope the other 2 go soon. I don't have dates for them. Before the dwellings were born, I had every intention of selling everyone. Now, I have people asking and I'm like I don't know yet. How do y'all do it? Help needed.

Latest posts