Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke up to chilly, maybe 50... clouds and all. Been working off the list. Starting to sprinkle and lightly rain. Dark and dreary, light breeze like we have had the last several days.
Cow has a heifer calf on the ground and it looks like it knows right where to go for a teat, so I am leaving well enough alone. I couldn't find her and rode around the pasture twice... then all of a sudden I see her and the calf with her. The calf went to her and right to the udder so I am hoping that she got a feeding of colostrum. Calf looked good so I will watch it closely.....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:caf. Thankful to have coffee and computer as many may not today. We have forum members and friends who were in Ian's path -- hoping we can at least get contact! I got replies from one in FL, near landfall and ok, one in NC, ok after heavy wind and rain, like here.

I made a barn check round about 10:30...then got to bed. Awoke with stiff back, better after stretches.👍 Today a walk about to survey and collect things that were wind moved. Huge rains. We should be out of our local rain deficient after this!

I'm enjoying my coffee....hot and fresh. Hoping all is well with everyone out there. Check in please...reach out to others 🥰

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am grateful for a home, hot coffee and friends. I never experienced total devastation but I’ve had hurricane damage and weeks of no power, FEMA, MRE’s and water and cheering for the power trucks as they went by. Florida has been brought to her knees by forces of nature that few will ever experience.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
News says about 30k without power along coastal areas...some street flooding, too. This is not unusual to have with any heavy storm. Lot of winds and low city overall, it happens. Power outages were almost double that last night....crews working hard. 👍. This is 50-60 miles from me, Norfolk and VA Beach.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lot of rain and windy last night with bands of the now Tropical storm Ian going through. No problems with the power here. Today is supposed to be light rainy, wet, chilly in the 50's....then more rain as it swings back around for tomorrow, and then leaves.
We were very fortunate to not get much, overall. There was a part of a tree down across half the road when I went to get the milk late yesterday afternoon and I called the VDOT boss because it was actually in the county just north of me and I didn't know who to contact. I told him I hated to bother him but he would know who to call so they could come get it. I am sure there was other damage along the way but doesn't look like there was much here at the house.
Got to go out and check the chickens and then will spend the day inside. Need to get the stuffing made for the chicken so it can go in the oven......deciding if I want to make the custard before that as it takes an hour or so to bake.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The second picture @Show Sebright, the road isn't supposed to look like that!!! I hope no one was dumb enough to drive on it when the missing edge was under water and "invisible".

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The second picture @Show Sebright, the road isn't supposed to look like that!!! I hope no one was dumb enough to drive on it when the missing edge was under water and "invisible".
Some people drove over it but they were fine. They started construction yesterday. The photo doesn’t show how big of a hole they made.

Attachments

• 0C5037B3-A73A-4C90-B2C1-EC875161ED33.jpeg
    0C5037B3-A73A-4C90-B2C1-EC875161ED33.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 5733C447-566F-49D4-9883-D1D448F72E63.jpeg
    5733C447-566F-49D4-9883-D1D448F72E63.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 49

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Not much sleep last night. Dogs were barking, knee hurt, I woke up every couple of hours. I’m bored. I want to go outside and I know I can’t. I can’t do my normal routine and I don’t much like this one. LOL