Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Same here...42, only going to 48/49. Overcast, wet air from rain that went thu last night. Front about gone. Happy we got less than 1/4" and not 3/4 predicted.šŸ‘

Those losing Perdue jobs will surely feel a pinch! Hope they're getting some separation benefits to help transition.

Taking my lazy body to work today :idunno don't want to start next week "behind". I plan to be home Tue & Wed, maybe Thur. MUST get weaning field and shed checked & ready for 6 kids. Be sure those does are settled for it...may night separate this week, also. Aaaannd...be set to move these fully feathered chicks out of house!! šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«. Yeah, need to be home.

But, slept well last night, so feeling alive today. Coffee good and I'm sure a mug is going with me for later this morning. šŸ˜ Will need it -- doing a huge reset.

Enjoy your day! :frow I gotta get to a store.šŸ™ƒ

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chai tea this morning. Frost tonight and tomorrow so cover up peach tree. Hubbs was in Vegas all week at a convention. At the Bellagio no less. No wonder he doesnā€™t want to retire. :lol: Iā€™m going to get some easter eggs and fill them with mustard as a surprise for my egg breaker(s). Previous owner was pre knee replacement and had good intentions but didnā€™t realize mice got into his jumbo feeder and spoiled the kibble. He didnā€™t gather eggs so chickens developed the habit. I donā€™t blame him a bit both my knees are mess now. The good knee is now the bad knee from over compensating. :\ With Hubbs back I can get off my feet. Probably be doctor time if I canā€™t get better. On the bright side I now know what an illiotibial band is (all your jazz favorites by the Illiotibial Band featuring Art Ritis and the Meniscal Tear singers). Ugh. Getting old ainā€™t for sissies.:old

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tried emptying a real egg, filling it with mustard and giving it to my "in solitary confinement" egg eater. She tossed it out of the makeshift nest I put in with her. Still eats the eggs she lays. My next try is a real egg I've had on the counter for MONTHS. Guess I should do a float test and see if it is sufficiently rotten. Not holding my breath she'll break into it, say EEEEWWWWWW!!! and stop eating whole eggs.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tried emptying a real egg, filling it with mustard and giving it to my "in solitary confinement" egg eater. She tossed it out of the makeshift nest I put in with her. Still eats the eggs she lays. My next try is a real egg I've had on the counter for MONTHS. Guess I should do a float test and see if it is sufficiently rotten. Not holding my breath she'll break into it, say EEEEWWWWWW!!! and stop eating whole eggs.
My egg eaters end up in the pot.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My egg eaters end up in the pot.
EXACTLY.......If you can't break them from eating eggs, they become dinner. Too many chickens, too little compensation for their feed if they are eating the eggs that they are supposed to be "paying you back for their feed and care"....

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Get a ceramic egg, they make them very realistic and even get the weight really close. The chicken doesn't like pecking the hard egg so less likely to continue eating the real eggs. Downside is they are so realistic that the egg gatherer sometimes collects them... Sometimes raccoons or snakes think they are real too, which can get interesting.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chai tea this morning. Frost tonight and tomorrow so cover up peach tree. Hubbs was in Vegas all week at a convention. At the Bellagio no less. No wonder he doesnā€™t want to retire. :lol: Iā€™m going to get some easter eggs and fill them with mustard as a surprise for my egg breaker(s). Previous owner was pre knee replacement and had good intentions but didnā€™t realize mice got into his jumbo feeder and spoiled the kibble. He didnā€™t gather eggs so chickens developed the habit. I donā€™t blame him a bit both my knees are mess now. The good knee is now the bad knee from over compensating. :\ With Hubbs back I can get off my feet. Probably be doctor time if I canā€™t get better. On the bright side I now know what an illiotibial band is (all your jazz favorites by the Illiotibial Band featuring Art Ritis and the Meniscal Tear singers). Ugh. Getting old ainā€™t for sissies.:old
Where yaā€™ been? Missed you! I get it on the knees. My ā€œgoodā€ knee used to hurt, causing me to lurch from side to side like a drunk. Was in terrible pain all the time. But hey! Hospital has spare parts! I highly recommend it! Plus lots of therapy! I told my therapist ā€œmake it hurtā€ and she did. But I can go for miles now, no pain, good knee is good again. I went to Christus Trinity Mother Frances Hospital in Tyler.

Dr. Thomas Volatile
903-510-8840 office

Heā€™s the director over joint replacement and does the robotic surgery. Itā€™s worth the drive.

Itā€™s not going to get better. It will continue to get worse and restrict your activities. Go get it fixed, youā€™ll be glad you did.

Latest posts