Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: been there done that ---- but it was quilts and not rams. Much easier to go home with extras!
Easier to give away as well.

Coffee is ready. Moving a mailbox is on the top of my list today.
The post office knows you are moving it? The rural carriers are paid by stops on the route and they are tracked big time now. To the point that if they stop to put mail in a box that is 5' from where the system "thinks" it is, they don't get credit for that box on the route, ever. It is crazy. They can fix it in the system IF they realize they aren't getting credit. DW's carrier has found at least two dozen mailboxes that aren't exactly where the system has them. How does she figure this out? She stopped at EVERY box one day whether they had mail or not, then checked the report a day or two later to see how many stops she got credit for. Tedious.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure wish everyone wanting plants could come to the nursery/greenhouse here... with the 4pks for 2.99 and they have tons of vegs and herbs and flowers... They get good money for the bigger pots and such too... but the 4 pks of stuff grow real good.... just takes a bit longer.
Of course, we were down to 44 mlast night so it would help if it would stay a bit more "spring like warm" for things to grow too... This weather is more like what spring used to be....
OH HEAVENS... it can't be true because we are having global warming... so spring is getting cooler.... :th
:hide:hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Easier to give away as well.

The post office knows you are moving it? The rural carriers are paid by stops on the route and they are tracked big time now. To the point that if they stop to put mail in a box that is 5' from where the system "thinks" it is, they don't get credit for that box on the route, ever. It is crazy. They can fix it in the system IF they realize they aren't getting credit. DW's carrier has found at least two dozen mailboxes that aren't exactly where the system has them. How does she figure this out? She stopped at EVERY box one day whether they had mail or not, then checked the report a day or two later to see how many stops she got credit for. Tedious.
Yes. Absentee owner had to call post office and give me permission to move it. His cousin who used to live there, still gets her mail there. She had to get her mail out last night so I could spray it with ant poison. Fire ants converted both mailboxes to high rise apartments during the deluge of rain a couple of weeks ago. I put more details on my journal. Mailbox is moved. County commissioner is coming Tuesday to see about extending my culvert. My mailbox is crap and will get thrown away. I’ll put up a new one, at the new extended culvert.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up at 4 this morning seeing Hubbs off on a visit to his family a couple of states away. I need to build perches for the Marans-velder chicks. Still can’t tell how many roos I’ve got. One LGD out but all he does is a swing around the property, sneaks a swim in the neighbor’s pond in spite of having one of his own, then hangs around the driveway gate to be let in. I can’t figure out how he is getting out. More hot wire (sigh).

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool and cloudy here - loving it.
Got a bunch of just plain busy days ahead BUT UPS dropped off a box for me. Unexpected- it was from my nephew who spent a couple weeks with us last year. He did this for me …… and included the book too! Happy dance my nephew is amazing …..
IMG_8762.jpeg