Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We just gave away Beaux, our Catahoula pup because he kept killing chickens. I was faced with a dog that I could never trust with my poultry and his lifetime of a trail of dead chickens, keeping them put up, keeping him in a separate area, and decided it just wasn't worth it. So I ran an ad on Craigslist and he now has a home that is a perfect fit for him. Beaux is a great dog, just not a fit for us.

ask your "good" friend to take Rufus... I agree dalmations are difficult and not for everyone. I love the new pup! wishing we were ready!!

I was going to say that!! If "good friend" is downing you for not wanting this disaster in a spotted dog suit, then let "good friend" who seemingly knows everything about dogs, have Rufus the Dufus.

I suggest you find Rufus a new home or take him back where you got him. You don't have to be the Mother Teresa of brain dead dogs.

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Thank you guys!!!! I was really starting to feel bad there.... Y'all spoke everything I wanted to say. Yes he can be trained.... But so obviously not for what I need him trained for.... I did put up a CL ad and spoke with a lady who is a firefighter, leads an active life and is totally in love with him even though he is a big goof. She is going to pick him up as soon as she gets home..... She is stationed out where they expect Florence to hit and will need her help. My prayers go out to her and her fellow firepeople and paramedics that are all on standby..... I think this will be such a better fit for him and he will be so much happier not getting scolded for chasing chickens..... Belle is proving herself more and more and even though she is just a wee pup she is showing such promise..... It really is best all around for all critters involved and for my nerves.... You guys are all rockstars and I appreciate the encouragement!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Glad you made the sensible decision! That dog was NOT meant to be with you. I think you've now found the right one! I used to believe that all dogs are trainable... I no longer agree with that sentiment. As with any other animal, not all are suited to be what we want them to be, and some will never measure up to our expectations. period.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you made the sensible decision! That dog was NOT meant to be with you. I think you've now found the right one! I used to believe that all dogs are trainable... I no longer agree with that sentiment. As with any other animal, not all are suited to be what we want them to be, and some will never measure up to our expectations. period.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Finally baked. Made Eggless chocolate chip cookies. (We ate the eggs for supper Sunday:hide) anyways didn' want to run after eggs so I adapted. Not too bad Imo.
Still waiting to hear about the farm.
Oh and dh is making hay...he says it will go into my trailer:hit which means no more trail riding :hit good to have more hay but sucks!!

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We are batting down the hatches here, hearing up for this storm... Basically just getting loose stuff up and out of the yard, make sure the critters are all in a sound and safe pen/coop/stall... Other than that we are fairly prepared for whatever....

What kind of substitutions do you use for eggs? Never tried doing that...

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
https://www.spiceupthecurry.com/eggless-chocolate-chip-cookies/ I just googled it, and this came up. they're flat but ok otherwise

Prayers for safety

We are batting down the hatches here, hearing up for this storm... Basically just getting loose stuff up and out of the yard, make sure the critters are all in a sound and safe pen/coop/stall... Other than that we are fairly prepared for whatever....

What kind of substitutions do you use for eggs? Never tried doing that...[/QUOTE

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score

Stay safe! My thoughts are with you and those who will be affected by Flo.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

x2

And that is why there are so many DIFFERENT breeds of dogs, for many different tasks and uses.

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
https://www.spiceupthecurry.com/eggless-chocolate-chip-cookies/ I just googled it, and this came up. they're flat but ok otherwise

Prayers for safety

Stay safe! My thoughts are with you and those who will be affected by Flo.
Thank you! We should be fine here. Up in the foothills. But we do tend to get the tornados and flooding and downed trees.... Definitely getting Rose and the goats moved to the stall my hubby built. There is a tree leaning at the goat barn, not sure if it will make it through this storm. Rufus the Rufus will go to the basement or big bldg.....the chickens will all go into our indoor winter coop... The pigs should be fine because they can go in or out, knowing those lazy bones they will stay in..... Still figuring out what to do with all the bunnies. Might just clean out my chickery shed but then I worry about it getting blown over. Doubt that will happen.... I'm just a worry wort. I grew up on the coastline so these things don't bother me except for the critters.....

x2

And that is why there are so many DIFFERENT breeds of dogs, for many different tasks and uses.
Oh I am so happy about my decision! He is an escape artist and got off his chain.... So like a dummy I let the goof in for a bit while the Hubbs wasn't home. He knocked the bread box down and tore into the bread loaf, pooped on my kitchen floor and drank from the toilet! And he has a rotten smelling butt. It stank so bad I almost threw up. Nasty dog. It was definitely for spite too bc I watched him poop before he came in....