Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Little by little, PA and it will all get done. What an exciting time for you and your family! Thanks for the coffee. It's raining, been raining and going to keep on raining.

@MatthewsHomestead what were you trying to hold onto? Rub some honey on your hands and put on gloves. Let it stay on as long as you can, honey is very healing.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are a lovely 65 here now, overcast and showers later today. Highs in mid 70's. Pretty much same temps all week with rain showers today thru Mon AM. It's ok, I need the rain on pastures. All good. Wish I had gotten some over seeding done yesterday but, didn't happen. More hours in the day would help...:rolleyes: … help everyone, right?

We've had mid 70 to low 80s all week with low to mid 60 nights. Windows open at night lets cool air in -- close in morning, stays cool all day. So, no A/C needed yet. Saves $$. :D =D I've done this for years but, perfect temps for it now. You TX people who are hitting 90, ahhhh...A/C time.

Watched my hens with chicks teaching how to scratch and come to their calls. So amazing! Such dynamics within the groups. They have different calls for different situations. Of course, can't get too close as these are Ninja moms!!:D But they take them a really good distance for those tiny legs. They rest them between the walks but, we're talking 75' distances each way. That's a lot for 3 day old chicks. The baby goats are inquisitive about what these little things are but, their nose gets too close and momma hen is on them. Goat kids jump and run off, happily chasing one another, not a care in the world. Run, jump, play king of the mountain on the ramp.

I love Spring on the farm! :love

:frow Enjoy your day.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got the pot of dog food heating up on the stove. I just put the lids and rings on to boil and got the tea kettle on to boil. I guess I'll get dressed, scald the jars, fill 'em up and put them in my All American pressure canner. The Beast! I love The Beast!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@MatthewsHomestead --- gloves! Yeah, hindsight is great.:D That's an ouch, for sure. Plus, hurts for a few days. A reminder?

@Baymule -- good job for a rainy day. Sometimes we need the time inside. I haven't used my All American, yet. But, I don't have that huge one like you. :) However, my $25 buy for a brand new, never used -- old one -- was fantastic! Spent $32 to buy the jiggler, so $57 for a $200 + unit. I'm thrilled. My old Presto is still around and kicking.

If I EVER get the danged tilling done, will can some veggies. :lol:
I'm going to do some dog foods, per your reporting, later in year after roo harvest. I don't have a dog now but, cats and DD has two dogs to feed. It will be used.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got 4 more quart jars in The Beast and another pot of beef heart and pork liver cooking on the stove. Going to a movie and lunch at one of those movie/meal places with DD and family. I’ll have just enough time to finish this canning, put the cooking pot in the refrigerator and go. Wish I could stay home today!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
bobbuffalo.jpg

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok mat you need gloves and that looks painful. I learned from. My goats to try to remember to wear gloves (I forget often). I had three on leads and one decided to bolt and broke the lead an sliced opened my hand. I mostly walk them by their collars now. But I do try to remember the gloves.

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Little by little, PA and it will all get done. What an exciting time for you and your family! Thanks for the coffee. It's raining, been raining and going to keep on raining.

@MatthewsHomestead what were you trying to hold onto? Rub some honey on your hands and put on gloves. Let it stay on as long as you can, honey is very healing.
NB got out again. Was ponying him down the road to the new pasture since he is an escape artist at our place.... didn't work. He woad, I didn't. Rope slipped through hands before I realized what was going on. Happened so fast i didn't react at first then i felt the tingle of the burn coming on. Son walked him back to our place. We will just wait until Thursday when we have a trailer. Doesn't burn today but oh so sore. Thank you for the honey tip. You know i prefer natural remedies!