Coffee anyone ?

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hmmmm, must be some pretty spongy bread if you can squeeze pudding (of whatever sort) into it and have it stay. We were making french toast with the second half of a loaf of sourdough bread from the Farmer's Market (the first half was garlic bread the night before) and no pudding would stay in that, it would have leaked out all the holes.
Ok. Here you go, guy. Just tried this. Pudding mix per directions on box. Recipe called for 1/4 cup of cool whip. Couldn't tell it did anything. I'll leave it out next time. Needed a nozzled piping tube. Was a. bi!($h to pipe in with the ziplock. Taste? Meehhhh. I'll probably do it again when I have a friend stay over til breakfast. It sounds and looks impressive, and French toast is always a good idea.
20191212_174605.jpg
20191212_174807.jpg
20191212_175000.jpg
20191212_181146.jpg
20191212_181329.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Farm wise, doing nothing this week. Everyone has been lucky to get fed & watered. Should be last of my heavy working hours/days for a couple of months now. Whew!! But had to take on this job, couldn't pass on the $$. LOL Demos next 3 days, then off for several. Hope the weather holds for me. Maybe I will get around to finishing some starts and crossing a couple other things off that darned list. First will be to check all insulation on water lines in the barn. Heat tapes are on & working but, it's an annual "check up", fix if needed. I'll check out the heated tubs while they aren't needed, also. In case.

It's been petty chilly, downright COLD a couple of days. Way below normal for my area. There was ice on a couple places...shallow amounts of water, out there feeding tonight. They say rain tomorrow & Sat. Don't even need it, either. But, I see the temps actually rising between now & daybreak. Like that.

It's late. I need to go to bed, long day. At least I can turn off the early alarm for tomorrow. Of course, I'll awaken close to it anyway. Maybe I can sleep an extra hour. I'll get caught up with all the postings over the weekend.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
As predicted, awoke 10 mins before the disabled alarm would sound. It's ok, I feel rested. Routine is hard to break.

Everyone through with their seasonal shopping? I am.

We don't exchange gifts anymore. Haven't for several years. Do buy for DGD but, she's almost 18 now and you know how easy that is? Yep, she wants just $$$. GREAT! Now that she's driving, gas purchases are hers. Money helps.

Last week she went for an interview for her college choice. We are hoping she gets an acceptance letter before long. Only 6 openings for her selected path of study in theatrical background stuff -- stage lighting, settings, film, etc. About two hours away but, she would stay in a dorm. Still, close enough to come home for weekends, etc. Only grandchild. So, once she's settled we are "done" with the extended training/schooling.

I'm sorry you guys have sick children @promiseacres & @Jesusfreak101. I sure remember the one has it, now another...going around at school...all that. AND I was always able to help my own DD with her sick daughter, so she could work &/or get some rest. My ex DIL was also there to help with my DGD if needed. Family. It's nice to have some to rely upon.

Everyone enjoy their weekend -- and every other day of the week! LOL those retired don't even think much of "weekend" anymore -- a day is a day....until the kids need something.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LOL those retired don't even think much of "weekend" anymore -- a day is a day....until the kids need something.
I second that! A weekend suggests that weeks have ends. I don't even think of what day of the week it is anymore. Heck, I have enough trouble keeping up with what day of the MONTH it is. Only, I do find it easy to keep up with Wednesdays. When I decide I need to go to the dump, I go to the calendar, and its almost always a Wednesday.....cause they're closed on Wednesday.
Yesterday it was miserable cold here. Today is miserably cold AND raining. Sighhhhh. I'm such a baby!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Off to a slow start this morning--and I don't care! Finished the coffee, guess I need to get off my dead butt and go do chores.