Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Nifty please permanently delete, all my content and my user ID.

Thank You
@Crealcritter , really wish you would not just cut off all contact with us. I have enjoyed talking tractors and fencing and other stuff. How about just not being active if you are that much more involved with your other platform?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've noticed a feed bucket works better than a flute for me. :lol:

:lol: Well, they must think I AM the feed bucket. Hollar "hey girls" and they run to me. If I walk, they follow.....so, pretty easy to move them. Now, I notice they run with me if I try to leave them! :oops: Ever tried to sneak away from 30+ goats?? Someone always sees you....then, stampede.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are home. Tired. We went down Highway 80 from Mineola to Terrell, stopping at garage sales. It’s the longest garage sale, crosses 4 states Or as the 4 year old called it, a garbage sale. LOL The 2 little girls picked out Christmas tree stars, both for a quarter. 13 year old got old albums for her record player, $5 each.
Now to get something to eat....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee and toast this morning. We slept like rocks. BJ has an 8:00 dental appointment. I’m recovering from being bent over picking those strawberries, it will take BJ a little longer. LOL It is a hard trip, halfway and back. Interstate 20 all the way, Dallas and Fort Worth traffic is terrible, we almost got sideswiped coming home. On the way to Cisco, a wide load trucker was weaving, taking up 2 or 3 lanes, He ran one car almost into the concrete divider. We scooted past him while he was swerving into another lane. It takes us both just to get through the gauntlet.

This week, we hit the garden!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Baymule
Worked on our garden yesterday afternoon. Burned the brush pile mainly but also still had to pick up the pine limbs that came down in the ice storms. One tree in particular was hit hard. I think garden is ready for tilling now. But we'll wait a few days....rain starts late this afternoon then snow.... :duc might attempt to save my pear tree buds....it's in full bloom. Snow all day tomorrow. By Thursday Spring should be coming back. Not looking forward to it.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all. Just want to say that my wallet proudly survived the chicken auction I went to yesterday. Some of the prices were ridiculous, there were birds going for $55 a head at times. It really made me reconsider culling roosters, when they could easily fetch some money. Plenty of show quality birds sold, but there were a few times I would think that maybe the group of birds would be practical, only to see the prices skyrocket before I had even grabbed my number. Still came home with 8 birds, four were birds that I would have kicked myself for not bidding on because birds were going for so much, and the pen was $50, but I am definitely wishing I had not gotten them. Oh well, with some time, someone will want two pairs of Brahmas.