Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
A note on the chemical killing off of fields, and my comments about the cover crops and trying to "save" more of the topsoil. Came across an article from the "Smithsonianmag.com .... April 14, 2021.... called Nations Corn Belt has Lost a Third of its Topsoil...... interesting reading.... and tied in to what I was saying in some ways.... about the horrible loss of topsoil with the farming practices of CONSTANT plowing and leaving the land bare....that was practiced for years... and continual mono-cropping...
I understand the theory but the chemicals are not what I'd like. We graze ours. 😁 He is extremely considerate with watching winds, equipment low, etc. Good farmer.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
35degrees here this morning, frost too. Rain storm coming in Friday and Friday night. I'm tired of cold weather, real tired of it. Dunno how my friends that live north of Dallas deal with cold. LOL LOL Bring on Summer!

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chicken tribbles? Now my mind has melted.

They have eyeballs in the fluff somewhere. They're not quite at the absurdly cute stage yet, but they're getting close.

View attachment 84312
Oh goodness. That ginger bunny tribble is incredibly cute.
Gingerbunny tribble, meet the tribble chickens and their brood of incubaby chicks I unceremoniously dumped out there for the tribble hens to parent (Yay, silkies!)
Chicken tribbles.jpg

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on, last co op day for the school year. Found out our lead Mom will probably not be joining... her kids are high school and we don't have any other kids their age joining next year. Which means that I may be lead Mom, or at least lead co mom.... o_O sigh... the things we do for our kiddos.
I did get more insulation out of the attic, 10 bags... still a bunch to go, now that we have a few less things I hope to get it finished before it gets too warm. Working in insulation isn't fun and 100 times worse in the heat.
Still no bunnies.... the first doe was due Tuesday.... seems to be a false....hopefully the other doe gets the kids their meatpens. :fl

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:caf Good day for this as it's real chilly out there! 34 this morn is way below average for time of year....again tomorrow, too. Then warm back up. Roller coasters were never my thing! I feel better that others are having similar weather issues. Plus, now I don't feel so bad about delayed garden work. :rolleyes:

Alas, working today, so coffee , chores and go to it. Screwy day yesterday as I had to unexpectedly take DS to his traffic court day, wait, take him home, adjust my work... Meaning I finally got home at 7:15, chores, dinner, hot shower and cut my hair! While he was a prisoner in my truck for 25 mile drive, each way he got a sermon...wasn't religious! :lol: We are supposed to do fencing tomorrow. 😁:he;) Plus, when we got home he felt inclined to finish getting tranny back in his truck. Did I influence this? :tongue:old😤 Sure did.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses do you reckon you'll ever get that boy raised? :lol: Maybe someday? Oh well, at least you can get some fence work out of him. Happy fencing!

Thanks for the coffee PA. I'm gonna go for my second cup. Taking my time this morning. Need to get chores done, then work on building a chicken tractor. Tomorrow rain and storms, somewhere in there we got to load ram lambs (5) and 1 ewe lamb to take to auction Saturday morning. We always load the evening before, since we leave out early and that would mean loading in the dark. Besides, anytime we are in a time crunch, things always go wrong. Loading them up the evening before gives us a little time to spare.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
PA, I helped a friend roll out insulation in her Mom's attic one summer. It was done after we got off work, so the sun had been baking the attic all day. We wore long sleeves to keep the insulation off us, little good that did. We were so hot! But when we quit for the day and went down the ladder, the difference was astounding in the insulated areas. Well worth it. So I get it on insulation and hot weather, hope you get it all done before summer sets in!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all, been a busy week here. Had a breakfast before school yesterday, and then ended up bringing my dog into my dad's office to donate blood for a dog who was bleeding quite a bit. Oh and we drained an abscess on a lamb after dinner last night. I am off to the feed store today, then school, and 4H tonight.