Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is the monk a Russian Orthodox? We also have Syro-Malabar orthodox Community native to the Southern part of the country, they are also called St Thomas Christians.

Not being able to go to Church is truly awful. I feel like a child seperated from his mother.
I know exactly what you mean! Last year was extremely difficult for me.

This feast was our first social gathering since all of this covid.

The priest-monk is OCA which is Orthodox Church of America... but they were started by Russian Orthodox so do some Russian Orthodox things.

I go to the Antiochian Orthodox church, which is originally from Syria. But, we are in communion with each other... the important stuff is the same... just we sometimes have different music.

Most of the churches in Alaska are OCA, since Alaska was under Russia for so long.

The Syro-Malabar orthodox are almost the same as us.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Is the monk a Russian Orthodox? We also have Syro-Malabar orthodox Community native to the Southern part of the country, they are also called St Thomas Christians.

Not being able to go to Church is truly awful. I feel like a child seperated from his mother.
We Weren’t able to find a good church for years. We finally did recently. It is definitely a struggle to be without. Being without a local church will also make you pull together with other believers and remember that the church is believers, not a building. I see church is going to be outlawed soon enough (in America, I know it’s already outlawed in most of the world) but I think that corona is a good preparation for the church in the times to come.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Alright ladies of byh, I apologize if this is the wrong thread, how do you get respect? I’m sick of talking animals with people and them treating me like I’m stupid or naive. It is so frustrating having people try to pass sick animals over (I have a friend who especially has this problem) or even the wrong gender! Especially if I’m with my family, people will half ignore me and ask brother or dad what I just answered! Even though I’m the main animal person and I do most of their care. Any advice y’all?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are going to have to get the support of your dad or brother to look at the person and say, ask "....Messybun" she is the person doing the care" she is the person that knows about that... etc........ Just curious, how old are you? I am in my later 60's.... and still do not get the respect that my son will get... until he will say, hey mom, what is your opinion? He's in his late 40's.... you are going to have to accept that there is a "guy thing" and they think that they know better, more, and are the authority. And men are supposed to know things.....

The other thing is you will just have to say to one or more when they ask your opinion, or something .... just say, "why ask me, you aren't going to listen to me anyway"..... shake them up a bit.
Or say, I don't know, I only do the work.....

But it is what it is. MAKE SURE that any opinion, advise, or information you do express is 100% correct. Sooner or later some will come to respect you.... many men won't regardless. Bite your tongue, and fly under the radar, and grow a thicker skin.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Poka_Doodle i hope you find your cat.
Thank you :love, found her about a half hour ago thankfully.
Alright ladies of byh, I apologize if this is the wrong thread, how do you get respect? I’m sick of talking animals with people and them treating me like I’m stupid or naive. It is so frustrating having people try to pass sick animals over (I have a friend who especially has this problem) or even the wrong gender! Especially if I’m with my family, people will half ignore me and ask brother or dad what I just answered! Even though I’m the main animal person and I do most of their care. Any advice y’all?
To be honest, I have the same issue with my younger brother. He seems to enjoy offering advice when I am discussing animals with my mom, even though it is the two of us girls who do the work with the animals at our house. My dad on the other hand, is a vet, and a while back he ignored our mentions regarding one of the cats losing weight, and when he did listen, the cat was too sick to even improve the quality of life. My only advice is just to know that you aren't alone, and that you are the one who is taking care of the animals.