Coffee anyone ?

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I’m in my early twenties, but because I’m short people tend to think I’m younger. Honestly my family is pretty good about it usually. Though I may have to “shake them up” every now and then lol.
I’m familiar with the “boys club” which is why I’ll bring a male family member to buy big stuff.
It’s good to know I’m not the only one who has these problems :lol

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any car stuff I just make my husband do now. I got tired of the shop guys taking advantage of my lack of knowledge and convincing me to do stuff on my car it actually didn't need. Spent so much money on unneeded services.

Animal stuff I usually push back more. My whole family knows I'm the bird expert, my cousin is a vet so we go to her for animal health questions, but she didn't specialize in poultry so on some stuff I still know more than she does.

I agree about changing how you respond. "Why should I tell you when you aren't going to listen to me, I don't need to waste my breath". Or "are you actually going to listen to what I tell you this time?" And then you stop and stare them in the eyes while raising your eyebrows, wait at least a count of 6-8 seconds so it gives them time to process. If they actually respond politely and seem like they will take the info, then continue. If not, just end the conversation.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just a thought so maybe keep your heads. Actually not a thought a fact and really I don't care if you lose your heads. Here's a little secret alot of guys have people try to take advantage of them too it just doesn't happen to u ladies.

If your are doing the talking and they respond back to the male that is present that is rude. But if people are trying to rip you off I'd say 99.9 percent of the time they don't care if your male or female.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I worked in a man’s world most all my life. I worked in welding and machine shops and actually had men come tell me to leave and quit because I was taking a man’s job who needed it to feed his family. I can’t repeat here what I told them. LOL I’ve had to prove myself multiple times.

My advice is grow an attitude. You know how you have to handle a pissy horse and go crazy lead mare on it? Throw your arms to make yourself BIG and make that horse move it’s feet. You are the winner.

Go there in your mind. Obviously you can’t chase some insulting dingbat around waving your arms and screaming like a banshee. But you can command respect. Be firm, be polite and say like, I may not look like it, but I am the person you need to be talking to about that. Or, I can’t believe you are ignoring me, I’m the expert here, not these guys! Excuse me, I know I’m short but that’s no reason to overlook me. Then join the conversation giving knowledgeable pointers. You can do this.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is attitude....and I don't mean a bad one but, a confident one. I have worked with a lot of men, even as their ”boss". Can't say I've felt treated as being "just a female". Maybe because I don't come across as that. ;) Of course, I've got a few years on ya. That confidence is what makes them show respect. The boss mare rules just by attitude -- ok, maybe a nip or two but, usually just once does it.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
You're welcome! ;) Hope your morning is good. I read your posts and see the issues in your country, it's hard to see and hear. We had a period of extreme here in USA last year. I feel a healthy immune is critical -- as for most any sickness. So stay well. Our farms provide some benefits....and for many, the outside work does, too. Appreciate that.

Blue sky and big sun here this morning. Windows open to scoop up the cooler air into the house. I'll close them before I leave for work in a short while. Supposed to be close to 90 today. That's a good amount above norm. Then, back down to norm for few days. That roller coaster thing again. Hate to say but, could use some rain. We got just enough yesterday to settle the dust. See a little more of same coming, maybe tonight or tomorrow:woot I'm still planning garden planting for weekend. Hopeful the dirt is ready. Notice...I'm not needing mud.

Gotta do chores and go to work! Enjoy your day. :thumbsup

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning, thanks for the coffee, I slept late. We have been so busy, going hard at it for almost 2 months, I’m tired. Yesterday evening Pearl (horse) walked across my foot and toes. Ouch. Throbbing pain, I limped through chores and went in. I rubbed my foot with Arnicare and Theraworx, this morning it is much better. Got to do chores this morning and deliver chicken, go to Walmart and BJ wants to eat lunch at the Chinese buffet. Then it will be too hot to work in the garden and with a full belly, I won’t care anyway. LOL I need another day off before I put it in high gear and hit the day at high speed.
It poured rain last night, hail storms beat up a couple of towns with baseball sized hail. Don’t know how much rain we got. Garden will be too wet today anyway. LOL
Y’all have a great day!