Coffee anyone ?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not only chugging coffee this AM but I found caramel cold brew M&M's!!!! Gonna have the twitches soon if I keep munching on these.
caramel cold brew mm.jpg

Both cows still in the pasture when I got home - Good, Sweet, Obedient Girls!
cow[1].gif

I walked the section of pasture that I had planned to open for them - which, by the way, feeds the charge to the section they've BEEN IN.... and it wasn't even connected.
sFun_doh2.gif
Geeze... so, fence connected - new section opened = happy cows, hopefully contained. Also got the backrubber soaking and figured out how I can hang it under the roof overhang at their entrance to the barn. I'm hoping that's going to mean that the pour-on will last longer if it can miss most of the rain.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@canesisters glad cows were in and you found the solution -- connect the wires. 😁👍 Blooper fixed.

@SageHill trained not to pee on?! Cool!! But that garden area looks too perfect to use😊. What's all the white? A crushed gravel? I love it....very park-like.

@Baymule ...have fun!! I know you will 😁

Sun is thinking about showing up...but...iffy. possible scattereds later and all day tomorrow, like yesterday :idunno:th:eek::he. Messing me up.

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good Morning all!
All this talk of greenhouses is making me want one NOW :barnie. It would be a good investment so I would be able to grow fresh veggies all year long plus I could always do starter plants for my flower beds even though I'm bad with keeping them clean (example is attached). It was only 1/2 done in this pic and I didn't take a before pic. I am thinking about RAISED GARDEN BEDS though seeing how I can barely move this AM from all that work on that flower bed yesterday but I can honestly say it was very therapeutic.
Looks good!! And we ALL have before pics (oh yeah - and not showing the large areas of the ranch that're head high in wild geranium and mustard :hide ). A greenhouse was in the plan for years - about to happen sometime this year, then the Costco one came up.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
@SageHill trained not to pee on?! Cool!! But that garden area looks too perfect to use😊. What's all the white? A crushed gravel? I love it....very park-like.
Thanks! :)
Yup - trained! I've worked with and shown way too many dogs that belonged to others that would just about pop my shoulder out of the socket to pee on a trash can. I'd hate to have to fix a fence post that was mark central for every
K-9! 🤢 or change a tire, work on garden beds, or ... endless list.
The white stuff is DG (decomposed granite) comes in several colors - white went best with our grey house. That particular stuff was wet and tamped down hard so it's not quite concrete hard - but it's definitely very solid.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finished my coffee - had pumpkin pancakes and sausage for breakfast. Going to take the sheep out to munch some mustard for a bit. Then help with the greenhouse and go to a rock yard to get some sort of floor material. We had to take out a raised bed to make things fit - so there's a sort of hole in the middle of one end.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, oh wow!! Updated weather report....next 10 days, 78-82 days, 55-58 nights. NO rain. 🤫. I'll be needing rain after all that. :lol: but fence & garden can happen! :celebrateDS working on tractor now...clean up, check all fluids, fill with diesel. (I just bought @ 3.09 gal) so tomorrow is old fence down day. AT LAST. 👍

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, oh wow!! Updated weather report....next 10 days, 78-82 days, 55-58 nights. NO rain. 🤫. I'll be needing rain after all that. :lol: but fence & garden can happen! :celebrateDS working on tractor now...clean up, check all fluids, fill with diesel. (I just bought @ 3.09 gal) so tomorrow is old fence down day. AT LAST. 👍
Woo Hoo! You've been waiting for this!

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
YEAH!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉