GW & SBC's kidding thread: 2019

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Boy, it's stressful enough when you know you're losing kids and you're doing everything you think you know how to do. Dad stressed about your toes on top of that :hugs
if you're worried about the kids do you know you can give some dexamethasone before you induce. Of course, if they're that bad you are more worried about your doe than the kids.

And here I have been worried today because my old doe Ebony that I love. she's been limping for 2 weeks she's getting exhausted she broke a bone in her butt last year which is hurting her. I've been waiting to get close enough to induce her. She's due Monday

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My mentor said sometimes when you dex before you lute, that'll kick them on in without having to lute.

Last edited:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Daxigait they are both due now so no dex at this point.

So stressful this week. Just want to cry. Keeping that chin up and reminding myself that we as well as our goats are in the GREAT Shepherds hands. He is my ROCK! My comfort, my strength!
And GW is the best farm partner a person could have! :hugs:hugs:hugs

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Daxigait they are both due now so no dex at this point.

So stressful this week. Just want to cry. Keeping that chin up and reminding myself that we as well as our goats are in the GREAT Shepherds hands. He is my ROCK! My comfort, my strength!
And GW is the best farm partner a person could have! :hugs:hugs:hugs
So what's going on with the kids?
He is definitely the best. My friend reminds me when something happens to my heard that makes me cry that sometimes he's just managing for me differently than I would.

It is a comfort and not, like with Esther. I understand.

Last edited:

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good morning. I hope things have been going well. You have been on my mind a lot since yesterday. I figure you've been dealing with the difficulties of reality and real life. Praying to hear good news.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Both does are hanging in there. Raina’s udder is obscenely huge. If Tiffany goes at 30 hours that would put her kidding at 8:30pm. We did not induce Raina, but she looks like she could kid at any time.

I am exhausted. Emotionally and physically. I know SBC is too. Just want my girls to be okay.

Tiffany is eating better. She still looks pretty rough though, her legs are still really swollen. I am so thankful we have barn cameras! If we didn’t I’d be sleeping out the stall with them LOL

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
3DE186F1-19C4-49F3-9F9A-A087429BCE4F.jpeg
THis pic is from yesterday. Raina is huge.