Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh my daughter is the funniest little girl.... Avalanche always lets me know when she is out of water by throwing her water bowl at the door and thumping very loudly. She did this, so I went to give her a drink and Boogsey had given her a popcicle. When questioned about it she says she gave her a popcicle because she was thirsty and hot. Besides, she couldn't lift the jug of water all the way. I guess the only reasonable thing to do was to give her an orange popcicle.
Touché kiddo, touché

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am going to post some of the cutest pictures of my kits tomorrow (if I can. I'm almost out of data). I might only post a couple, but I do like to show them off. lol
I have been a little busy (and sick with a sinus infection more recently) lately with my daughters birthday stuff, but I just wanted to update that my bunnies are great:)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20170311_105455.jpg
This doe doesn't mind in the cooler months when they climb on and keep warm.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a recommendation a while ago from @samssimonsays to use Vetericyn for sores and bites, abrasions, etc.
It works so good, and is not harmful to lick or eyes.
Today, I used it for a 3 week old with matted eye that has some infection.

I also used it on my friendly buck, Gilbert.
He is a great sire. Eager and doesn't give up, but gentle. The does that mount him sometimes leave bite injuries on his back similar to what some bucks leave behind on the does. He has one scab that needed attention.

If you do not have this stuff, get it. It is kinda expensive, but lasts a long time.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
Yes! It is a life saver. It works on pressure sores. Bites. Eyes. Scratches. I've used it on myself at shows from a scratch and it doesn't burn or leave that oily residue. I recently used it on our dog who had two spots of skin skinned off her from the other dog while playing. It was nasty. About 5"x5" in one spot and maybe 6x3 in the other. Used that twice a day and it kept her infection free. Her hair also started to regrow after only a week which it was bad enough where it would have taken much longer otherwise. She's a collie with lots of hair so it is very noticeable lol.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes! It is a life saver. It works on pressure sores. Bites. Eyes. Scratches. I've used it on myself at shows from a scratch and it doesn't burn or leave that oily residue. I recently used it on our dog who had two spots of skin skinned off her from the other dog while playing. It was nasty. About 5"x5" in one spot and maybe 6x3 in the other. Used that twice a day and it kept her infection free. Her hair also started to regrow after only a week which it was bad enough where it would have taken much longer otherwise. She's a collie with lots of hair so it is very noticeable lol.
Sam, we could do a commercial for the product. :)

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I need this in my life. I just got a lop doe that was attacked by the other doe she was housed with. She has some nice bite marks on her ears and some missing fur from the other doe ripping it off her back.

Also:
I got three rabbits and a grow out cage. The (black) lop doe, an unknown breed tri-color Charlie doe, and a black lop buck (the black lop doe's brother). They were all in the same cage, The before mentioned grow out cage. The lops are both 5 months old and the tri Charlie doe is 6 months old. Needless to say, the smaller doe was being assaulted by both, the newly sexually active buck and the older doe. So she has some boo boos. Bad ones.
I promise to post some pictures later on. Of my kits and the new buns

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Three new buns
Tricolor Charlie doe
Black lop doe (has bites on her ears)
Black lop buck

Attachments

• IMG_1838.JPG
    IMG_1838.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 96