Lump

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Doctors office just called me back and I am getting her in at 5:00!!!!:fl Everyone please be praying for me.

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm praying for your little girl. My pet hair lamb got a lump, I was scared to death it was CL. La 200 for a few days cleared it up. Turned out to not be CL....I'm hoping it turns out that way for you! :)

marlowmanor

Reaction score
fortheloveofgoats said:
marlowmanor said:
Total newbie question here. What does CL stand for? I will gladly google it when I find out what it stands for so I can figure out what causes it, how to vaccinate, syptoms, treatment, etc.
http://goat-link.com/content/view/101/96/
Thank you! Definately will read up on it. I want to have as much knowledge about goats as I can and taht includes diseases they can catch.

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Fingers are crossed for you. It's a tough situation but ultimately it's not the end of the world. Use it to learn about Caseous lymphadenitis and how it expresses it self, what to look for, how to handle it, etc. They don't lose the hair until they are closer to popping in my understanding. Rolls could probably give you more info on that though since she has been managing for it for a while now I think.

http://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com/articles2/caseouslymphadenitis.html

This site has a diagram of likely spots for it to show up.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
neener92 said:
I'm praying for your little girl. My pet hair lamb got a lump, I was scared to death it was CL. La 200 for a few days cleared it up. Turned out to not be CL....I'm hoping it turns out that way for you! :)
Thank you so much, I hope it turns out that way for me as well.:)

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
fortheloveofgoats said:
marlowmanor said:
Total newbie question here. What does CL stand for? I will gladly google it when I find out what it stands for so I can figure out what causes it, how to vaccinate, syptoms, treatment, etc.
http://goat-link.com/content/view/101/96/
Thank you! Definately will read up on it. I want to have as much knowledge about goats as I can and taht includes diseases they can catch.
You are very welcome!

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
SuburbanFarmChic said:
Fingers are crossed for you. It's a tough situation but ultimately it's not the end of the world. Use it to learn about Caseous lymphadenitis and how it expresses it self, what to look for, how to handle it, etc. They don't lose the hair until they are closer to popping in my understanding. Rolls could probably give you more info on that though since she has been managing for it for a while now I think.

http://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com/articles2/caseouslymphadenitis.html

This site has a diagram of likely spots for it to show up.
That's the other site that I looked at, and she has the lump down on her neck, that's why I am asking. It's kinda the end of the world for me. If she has it, I will have to get rid of her. I have done a lot of research on it, and that is why I know I would have to find her another home. The reason why I am asking about the location and the hair loss is because I have read about hair loss and location and it's NOT in the location where it is in the diagrams, and she hasn't lost her hair. Trust me, I have looked at many different web sites, have talked to goat lovers, and my vet about CL. I have done my research.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I only have the two goats, so when I take Lady in, what should I do with Fatso? I just don't want him to stress himself out. I am taking the car, the truck is not working right now, so I can't take him with me. Any ideas would be great, thank you.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well I took her in, and it's CL. Now to find her a home. I was told by the vet that there is a sanctuary in our area that has CL positive goats. So I hope that they will take her and she can live a long happy life. The vet also let me know that she wasn't takin care of by the previous owner, and that the I was takin for a ride by this guy. Is there anything I can do to this guy? He is doing this to other people. :smack :hit