newton's the goats journal

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Really sorry you had to lose Dale. Congrats on your graduation! I guess grats is also in order for your official position as a journey-woman sausage maker :clap I didn't think your BF looked all that goofy:idunno...
Thanks lol i appreciate that you dont think he looks goofy. Thank you all for the cpngratulations! You guy are awesome. Im hoping to work towards getting my level two chef degree in the mext few years,and then after that im aiming for my red seal chef degree ;)

The taming of my donkey has gone well. After last months incident with the neighbors dogs i guess he has finally decided im a safe person and has become quite a suck up, he follows me leans on meand practically beggs for attention now lol. He even comes when called, lets me grab his halter,and has even let my dad pick up three of his hooves (he still favors that last one ) we are still working with the whole following when lead thing. He still doesnt like lead ropes for some reason and wont go near me if he recognizes one on my person:barnie. Any suggestions?

In other news,ive officially started my breeding dates ;) i know for a fact that lily got bred today. Whether or not she took in another matter, so on the calender it goes :celebrate and we shall see in a few months.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ya know after looking back a few pages i dont think i posted about what my dumb jack ass did lol. Jack in all his glory decided to confront my neighboors three mastiff crosses about constantly putting their two cents in when it comes to the neighbooring coyotes. And apparently the three of them didnt take too kindly to that :lol: the damn donkey is lucky to escape with a few bites. Apparently when he told them to kiss his butt they took it a little too literally :gig.

Here is poor jack higher than the clouds in the sky- actually more like higher that helium :gig
20180419_192008.jpg

the vet did a good job of doping him up. Luckily enough the bites werent too back and none of them needed to be packed or stiched up o_O (somehow) im just hoping hes learned his lesson this time and doesnt complain about the neighboor dogs helping him with spooking the coyotes away (yes it was all him. He challenged them and physically went over to my neighboors property to fight them. Apparently he was doing good in the fight until he tried to turn tail and run,cause thats when he slipped and landed on his arse which is when the dogs took the opportunity to give him a lesson he wouldnt forget) * sigh*welcome to my farm, where my animalz are just as clutzy as myself :hide
Here are the bites on his butt :smacktook 3 bills to fix him up and a month of pain killers that tasted like cherry (according to my dad) :old
20180419_192018.jpg

Here to hoping he quiets doen after his manhood diaspears mysteriously ;)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
It's a good thing your dad got those pain killers... seeing the damage on the ass's ass... must have traumatized him terribly ;):smack:gig Generally a donkey can handle one dog but trying to take on a pack of 3 is pretty stupid. Now that the neighbor's dogs have tasted blood, be aware to keep a close eye on them.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's a good thing your dad got those pain killers... seeing the damage on the ass's ass... must have traumatized him terribly ;):smack:gig Generally a donkey can handle one dog but trying to take on a pack of 3 is pretty stupid. Now that the neighbor's dogs have tasted blood, be aware to keep a close eye on them.
He got at leats two of them pretty good in the heads with a solid kick and got one in the gut so they have a fairly healthy respect for eqch other now ( or so it seems) they used to regularly visit us and now they stay away from our property. They ususally take one look at jack and then turn tail and run off again so heres to hoping :idunno