newton's the goats journal

Alibo

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Great job with all that fencing! Soo much work done so quickly, I might hire you for my place soon!

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Great job with all that fencing! Soo much work done so quickly, I might hire you for my place soon!
Lol my dad says he's a $1000 and hour :lol: and I'm hoping to have a small break since all the muscles in my back and arms were swearing at me for the entirety of Monday, we have more we need to put up soon though :confused: yay...... lol

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lol that's my going rate for everything too! A good Epsom salt bath should do you wonders, you'll be ready to do more!
I ended up boiling myself alive Monday night in attempt to end the pain :lol: and it seemed to work lol. Dad says as soon as we get more Posts we are outlining our property
(so around 120-130 more :th)
Wish me luck :gig

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have a pneumatic t-post pounder but it needs to go back to the manufacturer for a tune-up so we will be doing a lot of it by hand. I will be hiring some "young blood" to do most of the posts but the ones in the stream bed area will need to wait for the pneumatic tool. Any wooden posts will have the holes dug by my Bobcat. Fortunately most of the land is fairly level, a first for me.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wowee! Do ya'll have a hydraulic post setter or a tractor setup or are you doing that by hand?
By hand urgh just thinking about it makes my arms hurt :lol:!
I have 130 t-posts in my yard waiting to be installed on our new land. How do you feel about a trip to California?
I would love to go to Califon is :D sadly I can't leave my animals behind lol
We have a pneumatic t-post pounder but it needs to go back to the manufacturer for a tune-up so we will be doing a lot of it by hand. I will be hiring some "young blood" to do most of the posts but the ones in the stream bed area will need to wait for the pneumatic tool. Any wooden posts will have the holes dug by my Bobcat. Fortunately most of the land is fairly level, a first for me.
Lucky! We have to use the two person hand held augur (if I spelled that right) and a sledge hammer to drive the 9ft posts till they hit clay which is usually till they are 4 ft above the ground. By the time we finished these first posts both of us were numb in the arms :lol:. Monday I couldn't even lift my bag off the hook in my locker because my arms still felt weak :hide luckily my friend helped me out (while making fun of me of course :smack) lol