newton's the goats journal

newton the goat

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think @newton the goat will miss her sheep so much that @Bruce will have to get a few to make her feel more at home. She’s okay with some becoming dinner so maybe Bruce will get to eat lamb!!

I think this has potential to be a win-win situation.

Pretty sure Newton does her own laundry and can cook and clean...js
Im a culinary student :lol: cooking is my life. And i love a good ol home grown lamb chop just as much as the next person lmfao. Plus ints cleaning just a givem :gig

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wasn't an LGD, and was purchased, not found, and there are several folks involved in that experiment. :) Haven't seen anything posted about her (the dog) in a while though... Newton and Bruce, this could really be good for all concerned! Maybe your DDs will get a little jealous and "step up to the performance plate" a bit more Bruce. Remember, Newton was training in a butcher shop for a while and I'm quite sure would easily be able to process a lamb/sheep or two and cook it and enjoy eating it WITH you! You could probably find a couple of bummer lambs for cheap or free coming up real soon.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wasn't an LGD, and was purchased, not found, and there are several folks involved in that experiment. :) Haven't seen anything posted about her (the dog) in a while though...
Yup bought right off of craigslist if I remember? I suppose that’s why I said found, as Craigslist provides me with lots of “finds” these days. I think Southern updated about Rita in the fall but nothing since then, she is such a beautiful dog. Curious to see where that project ends up as well as Newton and Bruce, its got some real potential :)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm quite sure that Newton's presence here wouldn't change DD1's mind on raising animals to eat.

But hey, if Newton were here, we would eat a whole lot better, I do most of the cooking and it is pretty basic ;) DD1 sometimes made dinner when she wasn't overdone with school and her migraines. Not bad food but BOY is there a lot of prep and cleanup. DD2 did make pork dumpling things a couple of weeks ago. I had to cook them because she says the propane stove gives her a headache. And pizza last week now that we can make pizza dough in DD1's absence.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
For grins I looked at the New England Culinary Institute's web page.

:( The Essex campus closed 10 years ago (yeah I keep up real well). It was there for 20 years. You probably wouldn't want to drive to Montpelier for classes daily, it is an hour one way and they require first year students to live on campus anyway.
But if you do look at their program and for some reason decide to go there, you would be most welcome to visit any time. Always nice to have friends fairly close by when you are far from everything you know.

newton the goat

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a very cold arrival this morning. Poor boy was born in -15 and when i found him had his after birth frozen to him and was very weak. Ive spent the last 2 hours rubbing him down under the watchful eye of his mother who guarded us very closely to make sure i didnt try anything. Im not entirely sure if he has nursed or not but his increase in energy after warming up gives me hope. And one thing i never thought i would say but i have to thank andrea on this one for lettung me use her old dogs sweater for this little one as without it he may not have been able to regulate enough of a temperature to survive.i will post a picture once the website stops glitching as it would even let me add a file