newton's the goats journal

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
so glad your dad wasn't hurt, trucks can be replace but new dads are hard to come by. things have a way of working out.
my daddy used to say, 'suck it up buttercup' when i'd get to worrying about things, especially things I had no control over. you'll get thru this kiddo, you are strong and will come out the other side better for it. you know you can always come here and we'll listen, we care about you and whats going on with you. saying a little prayer for the school thing.

newton the goat

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you @goatgurl funny thing is thats my dads favorite thing to say to me as well... well besides calling me cracker head when i do something stupid :gig

And @Bruce i wont. Ive had enough crying the past 3 months to last me a liftime :hugsim working on finding my happy place where i can be left alone but with a family like mine its hard to get away at times. So thats why i come here :D

newton the goat

Herd Master
Reaction score
You know @Bruce i wish making friends in real life was as easy as making friends on here. I may not know you guys well but you all have become such an important pillar in my life even though we only know of each other online. If it wasnt for you guys i probably would be in a much worse position than i am now. Knowing i can depend on you guys for an honest opinion or a caring comment is a dream come true. I kind of see why people get so invested in online friendships and relationships.its almost addicting to know you have people who only know you as the person you show them (not that im really any different online than in person. Maybe a little more vocal about my opinions but not by much) and im sorry i know most of this isnt agriculture related but i just want to say thank you for everything.

Btw the mighty josie is lambing soon (just to add a bit of agriculture to this conversation ;))
20190122_144148.jpg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I know you've yet to actually meet anyone from the BYH herd IRL. If and when that opportunity becomes a reality, I hope and expect that you'll find the folks you meet are exactly the same as they portray online. That has been my experience in every case. There are some really great and caring folks here. You happen to be one of them! :) Keep your chin up sweetie and be confident in who you are! You have your whole life in front of you and your past contributes to the person you are and will become. You choose in what way! Choose to use it to make you better! :hugs

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Newton, there is a culinary institute not too far from here. If my DD can go to school in New Brunswick, you can go to school in Vermont, right? We have a couple of spare beds :D =D though DD1 might want to use her's when she is here on breaks.

newton the goat

Herd Master
Reaction score
Newton, there is a culinary institute not too far from here. If my DD can go to school in New Brunswick, you can go to school in Vermont, right? We have a couple of spare beds :D =D though DD1 might want to use her's when she is here on breaks.
IS THIS ACTUALLY AN OPTION?????

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I suppose I should ask DW before I rent out a room ;) I have no idea what the New England Culinary Institute charges for their program. I do know that the exchange rate is in favor of us going north rather than Canadians coming south.