newton's the goats journal

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Truck & trailer don't appear to be totaled... Might have some dents and such but should be OK. Glad it wasn't worse and that dad is OK. The other driver who caused it, may not have even realized what he'd done if your dad din't contact his vehicle in any way. Pretty obvious that person wasn't really paying attention to begin with. So they could cause the wreck, and just continue on not even knowing. Still sucks of course, for you and your dad.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Truck & trailer don't appear to be totaled... Might have some dents and such but should be OK. Glad it wasn't worse and that dad is OK. The other driver who caused it, may not have even realized what he'd done if your dad din't contact his vehicle in any way. Pretty obvious that person wasn't really paying attention to begin with. So they could cause the wreck, and just continue on not even knowing. Still sucks of course, for you and your dad.
I mean Its kinda hard not to see a truck thats come within half a foot of hitting your bumper but then again with people now a days i wouldnt be suprised. Im honestly just glad my dad is fine and that the truck being jack knifed into the ditch didnt cause more damage.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
And because the guy either didn't see what he did, or ran, you can't have the cops check his cell phone usage during that period. Doesn't matter that it is illegal in Vermont to use ANY hand held device while driving, I see it all the time.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Since law enforcement is all about revenue generation, perhaps they should allow confiscation of hand held devices when observed in use while actually driving. Folks might get the point when they have to replace thousand dollar plus phones. How about that?! You actually got me to suggest further govt intrusion/limitation of personal privacy!

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't matter that it is illegal in Vermont to use ANY hand held device while driving, I see it all the time.
I wish it was like that. Or at least that law enforcement was more strict on that subject. The only time i have my phone out is for use of the gps and even then i have the volume fully up and have it hooked up on my dash so i dont have to look at the screen and can hear the directions instead. But that is only for when im alone and have no one to direct me.
Since law enforcement is all about revenue generation, perhaps they should allow confiscation of hand held devices when observed in use while actually driving. Folks might get the point when they have to replace thousand dollar plus phones. How about that?! You actually got me to suggest further govt intrusion/limitation of personal privacy!
Ya know i actually agree with you on that. I mean im just as suprised that i would agree with something based around the government making profit off personal privacy. But if thats what i takes to get through the idiots of this generation maybe we should do that. I mean how many accidents in a year, in LAST YEAR alone were caused by cell phones or other electronic distractions? How many fatal ones? Its insane and frustrating because people dont seem to care!

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
cell phones... the new "alcohol" in driving related fatalities...
Point proven... *sigh* anyways bad news. Even though the damage doesnt look all that bad it turned out to be worse than we hoped. His truck isnt drivable anymore. Its currently at the mechanics to see if snything can be done to repair it without extreme costs but with the estimats price of repairs my dad is already looking at a new truck and possibly taking out a loan for it. Guess we were right out of luck this time :( this year is a tough begining but lets keep hoping it improves later on.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Must be a lot of hidden damage :(
Apparently.... quite a start to my year eh? This is my second time this month being sick ive litterally spent 2 weeks in bed and out of work and now my dad is struggling with finding a new truck due to the accident. We better have a good lambing season or im gonna cry :hitthis bad luck streak of mine can stick it where the sun dont shine

Latest posts