1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Newest Additions <3 Valentines Day Presents! - Celebrating Valentines Day for this week.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

newton's the goats journal

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by newton the goat, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Jan 10, 2019
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

Good to hear from you Newton! Hope all is better/well in your world. He's a gorgeous specimen to be sure. I hope he gives you many superb lambs!

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  2. Jan 10, 2019
    newton the goat

newton the goat True BYH Addict

I hope he does as well. He deffinitly has more of his mothers genetics in him than his fathers! His father at that age was a scrawny little thing,but adonis? No way! he is almost 70 lbs and that was 3 weeks ago that we last weighed him! Molly is by far the best investment we could have made!

Latestarter likes this.
  3. Jan 10, 2019
    newton the goat

Im glad to be back bruce. Though with current circumstances sadly idk how long ill be qualified to actually be a part of this group as i may not be part of my dads farm anymore :hit

4. Jan 11, 2019
    Latestarter

Ut-oh... What's happening there Newton? So sorry to hear your last... Just so you know, no matter what happens with you and your family, you'll always be welcome here! Even should you have to depart that farm, we can be your "farm connection" to help you "maintain" and down the road, when you start your own farm, we'll still be here. Life isn't always a straight path, and you can't see around the corners as you travel. But set some reachable goals, and always travel toward them.

newton the goat and luvmypets like this.
  5. Jan 11, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

What @Latestarter said @newton the goat !! Heck I'm stretching it BIG time being here. 2 alpacas and 19 chickens isn't exactly a farm or a herd. You might notice there isn't a lot of herd discussion in my journal. You are most welcome here whether you have a herd or not. I'm sure that even if you do stop being part of your Dad's farm, you'll have one of your own in the future.

newton the goat likes this.
  6. Jan 11, 2019
    newton the goat

I am doing my best to currently set myself some reachable goals and currently that is going beck to school then moving to bc!
    ya i guess that is true. Things have just become too much out here. Sure i love being around my dad and my brother but certain members of my family keep trying to control my life and make it a living hell when i wont let them. So as soon as i am done school (if my application is accepted) i am moving down to BC to try and live a new life and start over. I will miss my girls like no tomorrow but i know my dad will care for them.ive just been around toxic people too long and its made me depressed and stressed which has its affects on my health recently. Good news is i know an older woman who always needs help with her chickens as she is getting up there in age so i wont be fully away from animals and maybe i can find a job on a sheep farm as well and the restaurant. Really moving there qill give me so many new opportunities to live! I wont be stuck in a job where i hate myself daily just for working there because its the only option. Plus it would be like returning home once more, i honestly miss the salty air of the shore side and the crisp breeze of the mountains. Sorry i seem to be rambling :hide to cut things short i feel like im missing something and im going to go find it and bring my little bunny rizzo along with me just so I have an excuse to post on here ;) 15472444195442429844954564929361.jpg

7. Jan 11, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Sorry to hear of all that stress but from the sounds of it you are right, time to take charge and make a new life! :hugs

We are here for you! AND we REALLY do want to follow along on your journey, don't be a stranger.

Latestarter likes this.
  8. Jan 11, 2019
    newton the goat

I deffinitly wont be a stranger! Im glad i have you guys still :hugs

Latestarter likes this.
  9. Jan 11, 2019
    Latestarter

The world would be a better place with more "kids" like you in it! Do what you gotta, to get yourself betta ;) Stop by and let us know how you're doing as you can. you got a cheering section here for ya! :hugs

newton the goat likes this.
  10. Jan 11, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

x2 what they said. You are a valued member here!