North Eastern setups

CrockpotGodess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Building barn/shed for 2 mini goats next weekend. Cannot seem to make my mind up on the set up. Keep bumping back and forth between one idea and other. I have the fencing under control. But just really can not decide on housing. There is a multitude of info out there but everyone seems to live in warmer areas.

I am in southern NH. Send me pics, things you would never do again, ideas to keep in mind. Bombard me please.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I live in NW Ms, so I won't adress specific details about the housing.....but, I would certainly place it where it is the most convenient for you thru the elements and on the higher ground. During rough weather, birthing, and chores the obsticles that could be faced if frozen, wet, and the mud ya may eventually seem to have too much of sure doesn't make em very pleasent. Build your housing to accomodate ya standing without bumping your head or knocking something else over.....ya will be glad a little later down the road. Whatever it is make it functional.
Glad ya joined up and hope ya stay safe with what is heading up that way.....think of moving supplies to and from the area too......:)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Build it bigger than what you currently need. Goats are addicting and you will get more.....

Shortstuff

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm in midcoast maine and I have a small shed roof enclosure with a dividing wall down the center and one opening on the short side 3' and another opening on the high side 4'. That works great for the sheep and goats that I house together in the same fenced in area. BUT it's a huge pain in the a** to clean even with a hinged door to clean out the 3' side. So yeah make it so you can stand up in it!