Our Steer is Here!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why are you envious. Doesn’t that mean your jealous of something
He just bought a place. He wants some sheep and a steer to raise for the freezer. But he has to build fences. Before he can build new fences, he has to clean fence rows, take up the old fence, he’s got a lot to do! LOL LOL

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He just bought a place. He wants some sheep and a steer to raise for the freezer. But he has to build fences. Before he can build new fences, he has to clean fence rows, take up the old fence, he’s got a lot to do! LOL LOL
Oop I know how that feels I had to help my dad build 4 barn houses and clean all the areas up plus got barns and corrals ! Not fun

Crealcritter

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Why are you envious. Doesn’t that mean your jealous of something

Definition envious - If you are envious, you wish you had something such as a possession, quality, or ability that someone else has.

Definition jealous - resentful and envious, as of someone's success, advantages, etc.: to be jealous of a rich brother.

i try really hard to avoid jealousy, it's hard, very hard... but in this case I can say I am not at all jealous of Bay and her steer. I am envious of her passion, drive and spirit and determination. This is what I wished I had and I'm working on seeing the "big picture".

I'm way behind Bay and her husband. I got a lot of work and learning to do, before I can enjoy home raised beef on the table for supper. I'm very proud of Bay and her husband, they put forth the work and are now starting to realize the fruits of their labor. I admire their determination, they both inspire and motivate me to proceed forward, with putting in the labor I need to. So hopefully one day, I'll be able to realize the fruits of my labor, as they are now.

Bay has taught, inspired and encouraged me a lot (although she might not know it, untill now). She has that sassy in your face attitude that I absolutely love in a lady. She's also, is not afraid to "tell it like it is" I need that. I'm behind schedule and don't have time for guessing games. So Bay go out and buy a hat one size larger now, because your head just grew a little bigger.

Last edited:

Crealcritter

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

Does this mean the Texas Tornado 🌪️ and her husband are coming to help? I might not let ya'll leave! What you mean your truck won't start, because the coil wire is gone?

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Crealcritter i had to read that to my husband. We both chuckled as I read your comment. We bought this place and there was nothing on it but a double wide. We hit the ground running and have come a long way since then and you are right, now we are able to slow down a little and enjoy the fruits of our labors. But we don’t slow down much, LOL. While we don’t have to build infrastructure, we stay busier than a three legged cat in a sandbox. Yesterday I spent most of the morning sitting in the grass hugging lambs and dogs. It was such a gorgeous day! Husband took pictures, they are on my lambing thread. We are having a blast. The hard work keeps us in good physical shape and we are happier than we have ever been. We both pray that you and your wife enjoy your new place as much as we enjoy ours.

One more thing, we are envious of your pond! The pictures you posted of you and the grandkids fishing were all too sweet. Wish we had a pond!

Crealcritter

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Crealcritter i had to read that to my husband. We both chuckled as I read your comment. We bought this place and there was nothing on it but a double wide. We hit the ground running and have come a long way since then and you are right, now we are able to slow down a little and enjoy the fruits of our labors. But we don’t slow down much, LOL. While we don’t have to build infrastructure, we stay busier than a three legged cat in a sandbox. Yesterday I spent most of the morning sitting in the grass hugging lambs and dogs. It was such a gorgeous day! Husband took pictures, they are on my lambing thread. We are having a blast. The hard work keeps us in good physical shape and we are happier than we have ever been. We both pray that you and your wife enjoy your new place as much as we enjoy ours.

One more thing, we are envious of your pond! The pictures you posted of you and the grandkids fishing were all too sweet. Wish we had a pond!
You guys deserve accolades, you've earned them for sure.

The pond is part of the 'big picture". I'm going to use it to water the animals. It could stand to be dammed up about a foot more. Still researching how I'm going to plumb it and dam it. I've got roofs to patch, gutters to put up, trenches to dig, pipes to bury. Work work work...

Actually I have 2 ponds, a small one that feeds the bigger one. I believe the small one is a naturally spring. Right now it's full of bull frogs, I hear them croking even as I'm typing this. But I'm gonna try to use it as a sediment pond and pipe rain water to it from several of the buildings roofs. There is also two large wells on the property also. One thing for sure this place is not short on water.

I did cast out a crank bait a few times in the pond yesterday and caught a large mouth bass each cast. So the fish survived the deep freeze last month, which eased my mind.

I told my wife well if worst come to worst, there always legs.
unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts