Our Steer is Here!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why are you envious. Doesn’t that mean your jealous of something
He just bought a place. He wants some sheep and a steer to raise for the freezer. But he has to build fences. Before he can build new fences, he has to clean fence rows, take up the old fence, he’s got a lot to do! LOL LOL

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He just bought a place. He wants some sheep and a steer to raise for the freezer. But he has to build fences. Before he can build new fences, he has to clean fence rows, take up the old fence, he’s got a lot to do! LOL LOL
Oop I know how that feels I had to help my dad build 4 barn houses and clean all the areas up plus got barns and corrals ! Not fun

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Crealcritter i had to read that to my husband. We both chuckled as I read your comment. We bought this place and there was nothing on it but a double wide. We hit the ground running and have come a long way since then and you are right, now we are able to slow down a little and enjoy the fruits of our labors. But we don’t slow down much, LOL. While we don’t have to build infrastructure, we stay busier than a three legged cat in a sandbox. Yesterday I spent most of the morning sitting in the grass hugging lambs and dogs. It was such a gorgeous day! Husband took pictures, they are on my lambing thread. We are having a blast. The hard work keeps us in good physical shape and we are happier than we have ever been. We both pray that you and your wife enjoy your new place as much as we enjoy ours.

One more thing, we are envious of your pond! The pictures you posted of you and the grandkids fishing were all too sweet. Wish we had a pond!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mmmmm..... fried frog legs! Yummy! Be sure. To cut the tendons behind the knee or they will jump out of the pan! Don’t wait for SHTF, fry some now!

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How long did it take to load. I hauled a cow in for my sis and my steer in. I had more time on the road then anything. Drove to sis house 20 minutes loaded cow took about 10 minutes. Drove back home load steer took 3 minutes drove to kill plant 30 minutes unloaded spent 15 minutes. Drove back to sis house to drop trailer and bil off 50 minutes drove home 20 minutes.

My steer half waygu and half holstein 1215lbs
Cow half waygu and half holstein 1475lbs she was a 3yr old dry cow

Latest posts