Pregnant pot belly got milk 25 hrs ago

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just found out one of the babies has no anus please help
Im so sorry :( .Typically this means it may need to be put down. However I have also heard of a surgery that some can do to make an anus. It won't be a guarenteed fix and if I remember it is costly. This is what sucks about farming :hugs

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m not sure how it has survived this long!! Technically you have two options: call the vet or cull. I don’t think there’s much a vet could do (without getting crazy expensive if they are even willing to see if an opening can be created - if the intestines end in the correct area for such a “fix.”)

I’m sorry. :hit:hugs

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is from the american mini pig website
IMG_3827.jpg

Magon VanWagner

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It is a female. Went to the vet and its feces was rerouted to the vagina . But this (if she makes it) will cause uti's alot in adult hood

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I’m sorry for you and your piglet, but in this situation I’m afraid euthanasia is probably your best option. It can be a difficult decision, especially with a cute new piglet that you already love and adore but consider the quality of life this animal will have. You can pay out the nose for a surgery that might prolong its life. But if not You already mentioned the UTIs the animal will have throughout its life, and that’s not fair to her. It’s a hard decision and I wish it didn’t have to be made but there you have it.

Latest posts