Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is a beauty! ALL of your goats are beauties! It's no wonder that you want to keep them all. But that would be incredibly selfish on your part, and I know you to be a kind, generous young lady. There's time to get selfish when you are much older. LOL With goats this lovely, you absolutely must share them with others. AND it has the added bonus of paying on the feed bill.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@ragdollcatlady My friend and I are going to plan a day trip down to get the buck. Maybe I can convince you to meet me part way....maybe Merced? She is excited about using him over some of her does so she wants to come and get him...works for me.

Are you still breeding mini Nubians? I need another breed like I need a hole in my head but it sure is tempting.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I could meet you a few hours north of here if it happens to fall on a weekend. Just not this weekend, DS3 and I are going to the local Oktoberfest downtown to participate in the beer tasting. Then I have someone coming out on Sunday for chickens.

I don't have any more mini Nubians, unfortunately... and my 2 standard girls gave me all boys this year. Though I may have been looking for Nubian does this last weekend :hide (since if I keep one or 2 of these buck kids, I will need more unrelated girls...) But I love the style and colors of some of the minis that a few breeders have been focusing on religiously! Their work is seriously showing.

Copper Penne sold today. The young man was shocked by her size, but in a good way! He wasn't expecting her to be so big... or powerful! LOL! She is only 7 months, but she already has that solid 'I don't wanna and you cant make me' kind of a style going on! I am going to snap a few pics of Poptart to send him in the next day or 2, at his request . And since I was updating my website and taking down Copper's add, I took down Pappardelle's too. I'll breed her, then if she still isn't tame, I can see about offering her again.

I am officially out of the nigerians, only my old Kalamity Jane and Spellbound are sticking around as official mascots.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
only my old Kalamity Jane and Spellbound are sticking around as official mascots.

I LIKE that -- "mascots" -- yep, sounds like they have a job, reason, official status (not just "keepers" ). Guess I can now intro my old minis as "mscots" vice "retirees" :lol:

Let's see...."mascots" are not counted, in our "math system" :celebrate N I C E !

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
This Oktoberfest is a fundraiser for the local police K9 foundation. :thumbsup

I just came in from sorting out the feral chickens... Ok … so they aren't actually feral, just sneaky little buggers that my wiley mama chickens hatched without my blessing! I have 10 hens and 9 roosters. I only missed one rooster that wanted to catch, a big beautiful chocolate one, that managed to hide once I grabbed the first several birds. It looks like I have a handful of pure ameraucanas and quite a few mixes. My old ameraucana rooster, Oliver, is currently running alpha and my faverolles, Weird Altitude, is running beta cause favs are mellow. Of the birds I was sorting tonight, the girls are just about laying age... and the boys are at the starting to be obnoxious age, so time to sell or eat them.

And that is a 'yes' to that math question.... Mascots are not counted while doing a herd numbers calculation... only when accounting for all family members and making sure everyone is safe and of course at feeding time! ;)

Many of my animals only jobs are to make me happy.... and my mascots fall into that useful category! :D =D

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oktoberfest was fun! DS3 went with me. We hung out with my coworkers bout half the time. Kid and I hung out with each other the other half. We ran into the some friends we know from the years in 4H. The drinks were good and the food was fantastic. We had pizza, tacos, funnel cakes, chicken kabobs.... All from local restaurants. At one point my kid brought me some food as I was hanging out the other peeps and they were jealous saying how nice it must be to have someone fetch food for me! I hadn't asked him to do it, but it was really sweet. He did get out and dance a couple times.... and the second time, (the same girl he had been dancing with the first time) left her current partner in about a half second flat, to join my kid for the rest of the song! I think she liked him. He said they went to school together. The camera on my phone is terrible, so I didn't get a pic of my kid and I, but here is one of me n my peeps that one of them shared.
Oktoberfest 2019.jpg

Latest posts