Rolling Acres - This and That

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
DS had a great time at the aviation camp! He learned about a few different types of airplanes, learned about lift and drag of aircraft. On the last day of camp, the campers (divided into groups by age group)did presentations on the airplanes they were assigned.

They also made a trip to the Air National Guard base. Here's the group inside an LC 130.
FB_IMG_1567541465624.jpg
Here's DS getting into the plane for his flight. I learned that this plane is a Mooney M20. :)
20190823_124632.jpg

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's back to school time for us. DS started school yesterday, 3rd grader now. He had a good first day of school. My wallet is "relief" that I don't have to pay for weekly summer camp. :lol:

A little update on our cows we sent to the butcher. We were able to go to the butcher and learned a little about butchering. All 3 of us went, we didn't cut but we helped wrapped the meat. We were able to sell the younger cow (1/2 each to 2 other friends) and 1/2 of the older one to another friend. We kept the other 1/2 of the older one. We had since then heard back from one friend that he's interested in helping us out in fixing up the fencing because he has seen how well the meat turned out and he wants to buy another 1/2 the next time. He also told/showed his friends the meat and they are now interested in buying as well in the future. That is good news because we do plan to raise some more in the near future, mainly to raise our own food but if we can make a few $$ along the way that would be great too.

I don't really know how much (weight) meat we got back. I haven't have time to sort everything out and organized the freezer yet. We got a used chest freezer from Craigslist for $100, it's at least 12 cu ft (I forgot what she listed it as). We wanted an upright freezer but they were either too expensive for our budget or the sellers won't reply back(but continue to advertise for the item :he). I'm glad we found the craigslist ad.
I'll post some pics in a bit from my phone.

Latest posts