that's*satyrical-- farm journal

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to add, the bees are on order too. We have the beeswax & hive here & waiting on them :)

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Vent time. Crappiest day ever. I have a 2nd degree burn in my finger tip, a twisted/sprained ankle, the water pump appears broken so we have no running water, my youngest son is getting sick so has been coughing & whining all day, I found a dead chicken in the water bucket (which I can't clean out because, oh, hey we have no running water!!!!) I found out the doeling out of my favorite doe has messed up teats, the bees were freaking out this afternoon so I don't know if they're going to stay in their hive, did I mention we don't have any water so I can't shower or fill up the animals water buckets? Grrrrrr. Just one thing after another. Oh I forgot to add my hay provider is fresh out so now I've gotta find some alfalfa hay somewhere too. Happy Mother's Day.

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks for the hugs guys. They do make me feel a little better. So do the sweet gifts from my kids, the husband trying to cheer me up, and our bunny kindling this morning with 6 healthy kits. The little things :)

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
that's*satyrical said:
Thanks elevan. Hope yours was great as well!

Grrr. Do you ever get aggravated with people when they give you "advice"?

Some "friend" on my facebook page told me I should stop growing imaginary crops & do something with my life because I'm a smart girl lol. Hmmm, I guess I'm smart enough to know I LIKE raising animals, growing gardens/my own food, and being there for my kids while they grow up?? Why would I want to be a worker drone somewhere for someone else's outfit? Granted, I do work outside the home part time because mini-farming does not pay good money & my kids need clothes & shoes & stuff. There are more important things in life than making a buck. Not to mention if anyone has viewed the payscale chart & the way it's changed in the past 20 or so years I wouldn't make enough money for throwing my life away as a worker drone to be worthwhile unless I was a CEO or in the top 1% of the US income bracket. Plus living in the boonies and gas prices being so high would require me to spend a good portion of what I make DRIVING to said job to make pitiful wages. Well, thanks for letting me vent here.

On another note this hot/cold shifting weather is finally catching up with me. Getting my first head cold and/or flu of the season. Goaties & human kids are all doing well. Trying to catch up on some housework today while feeling like crud because we'll have an out of town visitor this week.
((Ok I know this is the second page but I'm catching up and totally have to say this))
Actually if the buck has a good topline, is friendly, and generally a good buck its worth getting him!! :D

((((hugs))))) Hope it turns out OK, and you get water!!

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow it has been a long time since I've written anything here!!! Thanks everyone for the cyber hugs & well wishes :)

We have 9 baby goaties here right now, and 10 baby Am Chin buns. Three of the baby goats are going to their new home Saturday. I have mixed feelings about it. As they sell my life will get easier around here but I will miss them. Luckily I am keeping a few of them to keep me from getting too sad :) We were lucky to get so many gorgeous babies and almost all girls!!! Well that is about all that's going on here right now.