1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Baymule’s 4th Lambing. - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Wehner Homestead Recipes

Discussion in 'Recipes and Kitchen Tips' started by Wehner Homestead, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Nov 26, 2018
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses True BYH Addict

Darn it, I tried grabbing a section of those ribs and all I got were knuckles on the screen! And it's LUNCH time. :drool

I have a Power XXX thing, same as you mention and it has a pot that is coated in the newest non-stick ceramic, etc. Used it a few times, nice but just got busy & didn't use much this past year. This weekend I have a demo with the Instant Pot (which I get to KEEP) that has a stainless interior pot. Looking forward to that. Now I will be able to do two delish items at once. :lol: Haven't tried ham & beans in them but will. Shorter time is great.

PLUS, I have some goat meat to cook, should be fall off the bone tender in these devices, right? Heck, I'm home all week. Maybe I'll toss a batch in there tonight. :D

Used to make lasagna in huge batches --like 100 lbs -- which were put into large trays (family affairs) and the larger loaf pans for weekly use. Then, we bought ricotta. Now, I do smaller batches and use my goat cheese. It is wonderful & just as tasty. Lot less expensive as I have way more milk than needed when they all freshen. The cheese freezes well, too. If you don't have goats, find a friend who does. I used to give milk to a neighbor who was home more than me -- she made cheese and we shared. Sadly, she moved a couple years ago.

I love lasagna. Tomato & meat, or veggie and cream sauce. YUM!

Need to go find my grinder...so I can put some of the goat meat thru it. Giant meatballs. :drool OK, I need to go eat.

Latestarter, RollingAcres and Rammy like this.
  2. Nov 26, 2018
    RollingAcres

RollingAcres Herd Master

Wow congrats on the free Instant Pot! We look forward to seeing food pics from you! ;)

3. Nov 26, 2018
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses True BYH Addict

I get several things like that from the demos....This year 2 coffee pots, another crock pot, an air fryer, a Food Saver vacuum sealer unit, couple Contigo coffee mugs. It's a good job! :D Always leftovers...coffee, sugar, flour, cheese, crackers, wine and so on. Did ribeye steaks this summer -- NICE!!