Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: I know Mallory is a beef calf @Wehner Homestead. I remember when she was born. i'm just jerking your chain. if one can judge from baby pictures she is going to be really nice. I wondered how long it was going to take you to remind me that she was a beefer not a Holstein. sorry, i'm just a brat sometimes.
:smack

I wondered! Lol

I truly figure it’ll be a lifelong battle. There’s some dairy heifers being pastures across the road. They are similar in size and several people have thought that one had gotten out and managed to get into our pastures.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan She definitely has a special place! Her mother is Maddie, she’s 13 and favoring a rear leg. Appears to be an arthritis type issue. We won’t make her suffer another winter after this one. She will hurt to let go.

Interestingly enough, Maddie is the foundation of the majority of our herd. She came from an elder one DH’s Church. He wouldn’t part with her because his great granddaughter named her but we really liked her. His son was there and when the father died a few months later, he contacted us to buy her. We were thrilled!

Maddie is the mother to Mollie (mother of Moxie and Ember [Moxie is the mother of Mallory]), Melody (mother of Mabel), Maizy, and Indy. Mallory marked the fourth generation here of that line!

@RollingAcres Indy is solid tan. It’s the crappy barn lighting. Indy is only the second calf that Maddie has had that was tan. Both females and both retained. She’s had a red (Maizy) and lots of black calves.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
My boys are careless and often times too busy to set down their tablets. I get on them and make them come back and clean up mess. Then the next thing I know is all of a sudden, I'm at fault too. The difference between a boy and a man is innocense according to Bon Jovi. A man learns to respect the others using the facilities and at least clean his mess.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven’t decided if he has horrible aim or his stream is a source of entertainment.)
Tell him he sits or he goes out in the weeds. Even at night.

I truly figure it’ll be a lifelong battle. There’s some dairy heifers being pastures across the road. They are similar in size and several people have thought that one had gotten out and managed to get into our pastures.
I hope no one decides to be helpful and moves her over to the neighbor's!