Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH made a feed run after work today. I took DD2 to the doctor again today. She has tonsillitis and she’s now developing some sort of chest infection. Making some med changes and continue to monitor. She goes back for a recheck in a few weeks to make sure her tonsils look better. If not, they need to come out. DS is improving. My throat is still on fire. Coughed a lot last night and didn’t get much sleep. I really need sleep. Got daring with my diet today and that just caused pain. Ugh!

Oscar tried to cheer me up.
E5B0F0C4-7BE9-4D54-8E41-FEDDE0641A10.jpeg

So much to do and no time to do it all like usual. Need to make a list and prioritize. Time off to work on projects with DH would help since neither of us gets much done when just one is off because DD2 requires so much monitoring and not just anyone can watch her.

Jewel has a scrape between her eyes. She seems to have thrown a fit in her crate and injured herself.

Dad is improving more each day. He’s becoming more active and doing more normal activity each day. Still off work and can’t lift over 10#.

We’d been going back and forth about becoming an Australian Shepherd breeder and while I love puppies and enjoyed the litter of Goldendoodles, I hate the pressure of finding them good homes and letting them go. I just want to keep them all. We’ve decided to let Cowboy and Jewel have a litter in the spring. Several friends are interested in pups and we plan to keep 1-2. I’ve found a female that I really like to be our housedog. She’s a black tri with blue eyes and a blocky build. I’m supposed to have a phone conversation with the breeder in the morning. I’m SO ready to hear the happy greetings when I get home and have a cuddle buddy!

I’ll try to get y’all some pics tomorrow. DD2 has physical therapy in the morning then DS is going to preschool for the first time this week. They’ve missed going. I want DD2 to rest.

Saw some pics of Hurricane Florence from the air or outer space. Either way, she looks quite impressive! Prayers for all in her path!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Years ago they had these little flushable "targets" - bullseye targets, for boys to learn better "control".
It actually helps them focus... instead of looking around in la la land - that's how they "spray". :lol:

Please, don't make him sit. It is very emasculating. :(:(:(
Young boys take time. Just part of life. I raised 6 boys. I get bathroom cleaning! ;)

This is why men's bathrooms have urinals. :)

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Years ago they had these little flushable "targets" - bullseye targets, for boys to learn better "control".
It actually helps them focus... instead of looking around in la la land - that's how they "spray". :lol:

Please, don't make him sit. It is very emasculating. :(:(:(
Young boys take time. Just part of life. I raised 6 boys. I get bathroom cleaning! ;)

This is why men's bathrooms have urinals. :)

I bought him green sprinkles to aim for (his favorite color) and we’ve also used Cheerios. That fun lasts about two bathroom trips. :idunno

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
The bulleyes weren't for fun, they kind of stayed stationary so as to not make a "game" out of it. More for focaus and aim. I can see a boy wanting to swoosh the cheerios all over the place. :lol:
It really is normal and they do learn. Never make a young man feel bad about it though. (I know you and you wouldn't)
Well, let's be honest- most learn...:p

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I feel well qualified to comment on this....yes, I have 4 daughters, but at the age of 4 I had bladder and kidney operations......during the recovery from bladder surgery I was passing clots from the bladder while "trying to hit cheerios" in the commode.....not literally, but I like the idea.....some of the meds that I was taking turned the spray a bright orange and when the clots passed it burned like fire.....well, I was like a mexican jumping bean and bright orange covered the bathroom.....even with my Mom standing behind me with her hands on my shoulders trying to keep me from hopping around.....I always was embarrassed by it and have sat to pee ever since....unless there was a urinal or tree available. It won't injure their masculinity to sit, but the stressing of the clean-up involved and cleaning up after theirself can go a long way in getting them to think of others and not abuse those around them, just because they are a man and should be waited on. There are many factors that can create the mess, but irregardless of the reasons, it still falls on somebody to clean-up the mess.....plus, he'll be looking for a tree to keep from cleaning......:)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
It won't injure their masculinity to sit, but the stressing of the clean-up involved and cleaning up after theirself can go a long way in getting them to think of others and not abuse those around them,

If it is their choice. Young children that are condemned for spray or aim and MADE to sit are being told in a way that their maleness is shameful. It is not.
Personally I like the lysol wipes, teaches them to clean up after themselves and allows them the dignity and privacy.