Woodleigh Creek's Rabbitry Journal *Holding off with the rabbits*

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
We made hotel reservations for the convention today!:celebrate My awesome daddy used up all his mariott reward points and free hotel nights for 5 days in Indiana We will be leaving right after school on the 28th and driving 3 hours to Asheville, NC to spend the night. We will wake up early the next morning and drive the remaining 7 hours to Indiana hours and then I'm going to the Royalty semanar that night. I am so excited and happy that I get to stay for the whole time. We will be leaving on the morning of November 3rd and driving back home. Then back to school on Thursday. :/

I also sent in my official entries! Instead of Vegas, I am entering Delaney's Suka, My BIS winner from the last show,

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
So thrilled for you. Dad's can be sweet some times can't they. Wishing you luck at the show. And enjoy the convention. Looking forward to hearing of your exciting adventure. :)

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
I have some very exciting news! I bred my first homebred rabbit! I was planning on breeding Woodleigh Creek's Hummingbird Heartbeat to PP's Hot Stuff next month, but I fear that since Hot Stuff is coming up on a year, the sooner the better. Hummingbird is only 4 months, but he knew exactly what to do! Just like his daddy, my Best In Show winner. I will be getting blacks and blues out of this litter, possibly some broken. :weee They are due on November 11. Thats 11/11/11! :clap If not, then that will bring me back to the original breeding date. Im going to have some beautiful juniors for nationals in march! :love

I do have some sad news though, now that I have a new buck breeding, it will be time to say goodbye to some of my other bucks. :( Right now I have Suka, Hummingbird's daddy and Vegas, who I never got around to breeding for sale. I also have a mismarked broken doe and a chin doe for sale. It is best I get rid of them soon so my mother wont have a fit, because I am not sure she would approve of me breeding another rabbit while I already have 2 due in 9 days. :hiden Though she made it clear that this was MY project and she is not helping out...

CYGChickies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sounds so fun! Our first bred do is due on Sunday. It's Angel our REW Lionhead. We're so antsy about it! I wish you good luck all of your rabbits are so precious it makes me want Jersey Woolies!

CYG

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Hoping for kits for you on 11-11-11! :fl Dobby and Kreacher were born 4-11-11.

Wondering since you are going to the convention, can you sell rabbits there? Since you have an amazing proven herd, you could definitely get some great responses there for your boys. I know it's sad, but Mom is right. She just doesn't want you to get overwhelmed. :)

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
Hoping for kits for you on 11-11-11! :fl Dobby and Kreacher were born 4-11-11.

Wondering since you are going to the convention, can you sell rabbits there? Since you have an amazing proven herd, you could definitely get some great responses there for your boys. I know it's sad, but Mom is right. She just doesn't want you to get overwhelmed. :)
Yep, there entered and cooped so I can sell 'em there.

redtailgal

Reaction score
lol, are you a little excited? Its a good thing for ya that rabbits arent preggers for long. I think you'd bust! lol

Congrats on your recent win, and I cant wait to see pics of your new buns when they get here. (you do take lovely photos)

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
9 more days till the convention!!!! :celebrate I have all my rabbits on their own special mix of pellets, hay, manna show, calf manna, and black oil sunflower seeds and it is working wonders. Suka's butt feels so nice (that sounds kind of weird...). I am so glad I did not enter Hot Stuff, because guess what? She is MOLTING! Hufflepuff is due on Friday and I can feel a baby or two in there so I am excited about that!

Latest posts