B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is so wonderful. Although I took longer for the healing and all due to the type of surgery... replacement of the ankle.... I fully understand the ecstatic response because that was how I felt with NO PAIN and so much movement in the ankle (and yes, I still want more movement..lol...... but it does not hurt!!!)
:hugs :hugs :weee:weee:celebrate:celebrate:clap:clap:thumbsup:thumbsup:yesss::highfive::jumpy:bunny
You will get there Jan, full ankle movement , new knees...you will because you are one determined woman... :love

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@B&B Happy goats ... when I had my PT appt the other morning, we talked more about what to expect and my frustrations right now with the constant pain... and that I worry about the ache with the bending, as I used to be able to really bend the knees and just can't now, and he is much more concerned with the straightening... and he is very positive that once the knees don't hurt like they do, the strength, and he thinks more flexibility, in the ankle will occur and that I may get even more range of motion as I can walk normally again.... I kid about wanting more with the ankle... the big thing is getting it in a boot.... but hey, it does not hurt.... so if I can get the knees to not hurt... I won't know what to do with myself.... everyone keeps telling me that the initial surgery pain will hurt and the first few days of straightening, bending and walking will be painful.... after the ankle, I had no pain... even when they took the cast off and put me in the boot... it was numb and tingling..... but no pain.... so I really have nothing to compare it to.... gotta see what they used for the ankle for a block... see if maybe they can use the same thing !!!!! Except that I have to start out walking and using them right away so don't think that will work....
But yeah, I am determined to walk and get back as much as the new knees will allow.....

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
:weee :weee :weee

DH said that the only pain, other than the incisions of course, was from making the muscles do what they had not been doing for years. So the major pail will be in rehab but that will be muscle stretching not bones grinding.

DH kept telling me to make another appointment with the orthopedist for my knee. (The knee not doing what it is told to do, and being weak, has called me to fall and lose my balance a couple times.) I kept making excuses not to call so he took the matter into his own hands and made the appointment himself. :somad At least it is after the wedding. He wants me to get a knee replacement before I am in as bad a way as Farmerjan. Also wants to have it done here at UCLA where it is 100% paid for with our insurance. That is the worst part of moving to Texas :mad: - having to go on a PPO which costs more, we pay deductibles, and more for prescriptions. Of course, in 2 years Biden (or Harris) will probably have us on some sort of national health so maybe more reason to have the operation now before they can say I am too old to benefit from it. LOL

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, for pete's sake, get it done if they don't do more stupid stuff and shut everything down. Have heard of some shut downs on elective surgeries... and the whole hysterics on the hospitalizations... yet they won't offer the treatments that have been proving to be a fast recovery for most people.
Plus getting it paid for is really important. But my Medicare and with the plan I am on for supplement, pays for EVERYTHING but the $300 deductible I have. It pays for me to go in for inhouse rehab for like 20 days also..... If you are not on medicare yet ( I think you are?) ... anyway, I have Plan G which is what my insurance lady at work told me to get. It is through Anthem BC-BS and I pay 116/mo.... worth it when you figure that the ankle replacement would have been in the 30-40,000 range at least... and the double knees will be all of that or more.... I have a prescription plan separate and have the bare basics because I don't take anything on a regular basis.... and you have to have some sort of prescription plan or you actually get penalized if you wait to get it later on.... insane rules....
My insurance lady also told me NOT to go on the advantage plan because I would pay more down the road with what I was going to be needing to have done with the ankle and knees.. I was very blessed to have her to guide me through it... She was our insurance contact at work and spent her whole career doing insurance.... She has since also retired, and I will not even consider veering from what she told me at this point in time.

Having mine done now is not only for being able to walk/move.... but also because what if someone down the line decides I am too old or too something and that I can't get the knees replaced. Not withstanding the wanting to be out of pain and be able to walk and function like a normal person again...I am concerned about if the medical system gets too crazy....

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @B&B Happy goats,

Are you OK? Haven't heard from you in awhile and am missing you.

Senile Texas Aggie
Still here STA, I have been very busy using my " new" arms and hands cleaning out closets and bringing items to the hospice resale store...... Still working on the two nerve ablation procedures, stupid insurance company is now requiring that I have the test blocks done twice....costs them more $ and that particular test hurts like crazy....guess you can't fight the insurance company, just have to go with their crazy requirements..
Thanks for asking :frow :love

Latest posts