Help needed please...trying to save my eight month old doe, got her in august ,

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
If she’s been doing that for two days and is resting now, her body is no longer in labor mode and you’ll end up with dead kids and likely a dead doe. You need to go in now and get them out!

I’m not trying to be harsh but you are going to risk losing all of them by putting it off any longer!

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I would not wait. It won't do her any harm checking. I had a pregnant pygmy doe that I found sitting propped up in a corner grinding her teeth a little. When it went to research about 30 minutes and came back and she was down and died while I cried wondering what I should do.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If she’s been doing that for two days and is resting now, her body is no longer in labor mode and you’ll end up with dead kids and likely a dead doe. You need to go in now and get them out!

I’m not trying to be harsh but you are going to risk losing all of them by putting it off any longer!
I did not know you were online.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her "labo" is not a hard or any kind of labor that i have seen, perhaps kids position could be caus of pain, will go in in the morning to check for sure, maby they will be ready for a rocket launch birth ! Fast, easy and all girls, lol. Thank you
Even IF she is NOT in labor - it is not normal for her to be unable to stand. Something is going on with your goat.

If she has been in labor and it does not progress - then she will give up. The hormones that start labor do not last forever.

You came here and asked for help and everyone who has responded have suggested the same thing. I'm not trying to be rude or mean but if you don't help her - who will?

And yes - find a new vet!

Now - having said all that - It would be awesome if you get live babies and a healthy mama after all this.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back inside right middle finger lube up, slid in half inch easily, hit band and easily expanded then got to my knuckle and hit very tight ...felt like bones on both side almost like tight pelvis, she is resting very comfortably, and had more fluid by syringe. ...perhaps she isn't in true labor yet ?

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Maybe you can breathe a little now. Let us know how she's doing and when she does kid.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You didn't take any pics while you were out there? I/we would love to she what she looks like anyway.